Chapala.com Webboard

On the Ajijic square there is a vitamin store on the same block as the bank and the dollar store. Also, there is another vitamin store on the big church street (Ajijic) next door to Carlos Bazaar. And as mentioned above, there is the vitamin store on the carratera same side as Telmex.

• 10 months later...

Hello Rainbow,

I know this is an old post, but rather than do a duplicate of request for Vitamin post,

I will start here....

Of those two (and other) vitamin stores... do any carry refrigerated probiotics, and if so

what brands?

Thanks to everyone here that takes the time to share their wealth of info!

Hello Rainbow,

I know this is an old post, but rather than do a duplicate of request for Vitamin post,

I will start here....

Of those two (and other) vitamin stores... do any carry refrigerated probiotics, and if so

what brands?

Thanks to everyone here that takes the time to share their wealth of info!

On the Ajijic square there is a vitamin store on the same block as the bank and the dollar store. Also, there is another vitamin store on the big church street (Ajijic) next door to Carlos Bazaar. And as mentioned above, there is the vitamin store on the carratera same side as Telmex.

Yes, the vitamin store next to Telmex even carries Puritan Pride.

I've found the health food stores here to be very overpriced and low quality. You can buy almost anything you need from http://iherb.com for 30% to 50% off retail, free shipping, and no customs fees (actually I paid 38 pesos a couple of times). In hundreds of orders, I've never not gotten what I ordered. They also have food, herbs, and supplements. Limits of $80 and 4 lbs but so what, place as many orders as you want.

Sample: Check it out, they have everything.

Now Foods, Mixed Tocopherols Vitamin E, 60 Softgels

• 240 mg Mixed Tocopherols
  • 140 mg Gamma Tocopherol
Specifications
  • Shipping Weight: 0.18 lbs (0.08kg)
  • Product Code: NOW-00814
  • UPC Code: 733739008145
  • Package Quantity: 60 Softgels
  • Dimensions: 1.9 x 1.9 x 3.5 in, 0.15 lbs (0.07kg)
  • Expiration Date: Sep 2017
SRP: $12.95
Our Price: $8.95
4 for $34.90 12 for $102.03
Savings of: $4.00 (31% Off)
Doctor's Best, CoQ10, with BioPerine, 100 mg, 120 Veggie Caps
Specifications
  • Shipping Weight: 0.35 lbs (0.16kg)
  • Product Code: DRB-00188
  • UPC Code: 753950001886
  • Package Quantity: 120 Veggie Caps
  • Dimensions: 2.4 x 2.4 x 4.4 in, 0.3 lbs (0.14kg)
  • Expiration Date: Nov 2016
SRP: $33.99
Our Price: $12.95
Savings of: $21.04 (62% Off)
Special Price for a Limited Time

iHerb Regular Low Price is $15.95

The health food store next to Carlos' Bazaar has closed.

Dr Avalia told me her summer hours are limited since she hasn't had much business and she is only open a couple of days a week and might take a vacation last time I saw her.

How long do some of these items have a useful shelf life..Given the amount of public interest and traffic my guess is that most of the items are out of date..but if you have faith enough to be a believer then the date doesn't matter

Some of these stores must not take in enough money to pay the rent

Ken at the Monday and Tuesday markets makes his own probiotics. He has a ginger fizz drink, sauerkraut, kefir as well as other healthy probiotic foods. He is set up in the corner to the right as tou enter through the lobby part at the monday market. He charges a small deposit for the bottles which he refunds when you return him. He has a cooler set up on the table. His products need to be refrigerated and are very good quality.

I am familiar with iherb and also vitacost.

Do they really ship free to Mexico?

What was the average time between putting in your order and receiving it?

What address did you have to give? (PO Texas box? or ????)

Refrigerated Probiotics need to stay cool.... lol.. or should I say jajaja laughs on me on that one eh?

Just about now I am imagining if these sups would cross the border nicely... hmmmm.

We are due here end of September! Gosh my husband is going to have a fit if I have to stock up

on vites!

jajaja

I've found the health food stores here to be very overpriced and low quality. You can buy almost anything you need from http://iherb.com for 30% to 50% off retail, free shipping, and no customs fees (actually I paid 38 pesos a couple of times). In hundreds of orders, I've never not gotten what I ordered. They also have food, herbs, and supplements. Limits of $80 and 4 lbs but so what, place as many orders as you want.

Sample: Check it out, they have everything.

Now Foods, Mixed Tocopherols Vitamin E, 60 Softgels

• 240 mg Mixed Tocopherols
  • 140 mg Gamma Tocopherol
Specifications
  • Shipping Weight: 0.18 lbs (0.08kg)
  • Product Code: NOW-00814
  • UPC Code: 733739008145
  • Package Quantity: 60 Softgels
  • Dimensions: 1.9 x 1.9 x 3.5 in, 0.15 lbs (0.07kg)
  • Expiration Date: Sep 2017
SRP: $12.95
Our Price: $8.95
4 for $34.90 12 for $102.03
Savings of: $4.00 (31% Off)
Doctor's Best, CoQ10, with BioPerine, 100 mg, 120 Veggie Caps
Specifications
  • Shipping Weight: 0.35 lbs (0.16kg)
  • Product Code: DRB-00188
  • UPC Code: 753950001886
  • Package Quantity: 120 Veggie Caps
  • Dimensions: 2.4 x 2.4 x 4.4 in, 0.3 lbs (0.14kg)
  • Expiration Date: Nov 2016
SRP: $33.99
Our Price: $12.95
Savings of: $21.04 (62% Off)
Special Price for a Limited Time

iHerb Regular Low Price is $15.95

I just pulled up the iherb website and see they ship to 150 countries... WOW.....

I just spoke with iherb, they can ship direct via DHL or UPS and get it to our area in 2-4 days,

with a freezer pack to keep the probiotics cool. and they said with the example I gave them of a 200.00 order.... with 2-4 day shipping and a freezer pack.. direct delivery to my door with the delivery man phoning me prior, could run between 20-30 delivery....

Very nice!!!!!

Do they really ship free to Mexico?

What was the average time between putting in your order and receiving it?

What address did you have to give? (PO Texas box? or ????)

Their international shipping has a limit of $80 and a max of 4lbs per order. The shipping charge per order is $4 but they credit back a minimum of 5% per order and often more. Which makes shipping free. There's no limit to the amount of orders.

I usually receive the order in 2 to 3 weeks. A couple times I got charged a customs fee, the most was 38 pesos, usually no customs fees.

My advice would be to never use the Mailboxes type places unless you absolutely have to have something from a company that won't ship to Mexico. The Postal service here in Mexico has never failed to deliver a package I ordered directly to my house.

CCC...

I was actually seeking more along the lines of UDO's Higher Potency super 8 Probiotics/42 billion cells or something similiar.

I'd still prefer to buy them in the area, though it too would be questionable how long they went without refrigeration.

I will probably bring in a nice supply of these, and wait till the dead of winter to have them shipped!

Thanks so much!

Refrigerated probiotics are easy to obtain and very affordable here. See my post above. No shipping, no melted refrig. pack, no exploded bottles.

Ken at the Monday and Tuesday markets makes his own probiotics. He has a ginger fizz drink, sauerkraut, kefir as well as other healthy probiotic foods. He is set up in the corner to the right as tou enter through the lobby part at the monday market. He charges a small deposit for the bottles which he refunds when you return him. He has a cooler set up on the table. His products need to be refrigerated and are very good quality.

Thanks for that link to iherb.

We have yet a second (new) option from ebay! (shipping is free with a 49.00 yearly membership for those in Latin America:

http://www.internetretailer.com/2014/07/30/ebay-launches-shipping-subscription-program-latin-america

This will get you vitamins and beyond!

Thanks for that link to iherb.

We have yet a second (new) option from ebay! (shipping is free with a 49.00 yearly membership for those in Latin America:

http://www.internetretailer.com/2014/07/30/ebay-launches-shipping-subscription-program-latin-america

This will get you vitamins and beyond!

Didn't Estafeta list supplements including vitamins as products they will not import?

Didn't Estafeta list supplements including vitamins as products they will not import?

Yes-vitamins are on the list but I assumed it was Mexico not allowing them in- not Estafeta.

Someone bought a pair of used shoes through ebay and were not allowed in- used clothing is not allowed.

maw

You must have your information wrong. I've been bringing in vitamins, supplements and herbs for years. They always go through customs. I've even had bottles opened by customs but they always get here. Large Corporations like Iherb certainly know the laws and wouldn't advertise shipping to Mexico if it was illegal.

You must have your information wrong. I've been bringing in vitamins, supplements and herbs for years. They always go through customs. I've even had bottles opened by customs but they always get here. Large Corporations like Iherb certainly know the laws and wouldn't advertise shipping to Mexico if it was illegal.

No, this is for the list of banned items bought on Ebay & delivered through Estafeta.

Archived