Chapala.com Webboard

bathing and hand washing

Stymie

But that's NOB thinking. I'd like to know where it's actually been seen at WalMart, because I just scoured that section moments ago. Now, being a male, it's quite possible that I can't see the obvious, just like when I'm looking in the fridge. I can go to a local abarrote, but I'd like to know for those times when I don't want to hit two stores.

It's in the center of the veggi section - end of a display. Available under a few brands inc. Great Value. Now it is also available in a spray bottle

It's in the center of the veggi section - end of a display. Available under a few brands inc. Great Value. Now it is also available in a spray bottle

Must have walked by it several times. Thanks; I'll check again.

And RV: right: you find me a clerk, and I'll ask.

boiling water, Microdyn, water filters..... forget about all that, if there is a high level of arsenic in the water (15 to 200 times higher than what is accepted as safe).

Today, in the El Informador newspaper, there is an alert about arsenic and other of these nice substances in the water, in several parts of Jalisco (as close as Tlajomulco,.... and that is the Guadalajara airport area). They have not mentioned anything about Chapala or Lakeside on the whole, but better to be safe than sorry one day. Unfortunately, I can not be too optimistic about this, living close to a contaminated lake.

For me,.... tap water only for bathing (and that is the one time that I keep my mouth wisely shut) and cleaning and that is it. We are not just talking about a few bacteria here,....

I can only hope that in the contaminated areas, the locally bottled water has been treated properly against arsenic presence and not just against bacteria on the whole. I have never been a genius in chemistry,.... maybe somebody else can shine her/his light on this ??

Here is the article :

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2013/493198/6/la-ssj-confirma-arsenico-en-agua-alerta-sobre-riesgos.htm

You make up you own minds. I still wanted to share this with you.

Why risk it ?

Rony

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently we have noticed that the water coming from our taps has a lot of dirt in it. I first noticed this when I ran water in the bathtub and a lot of dirt settled to the bottom of the tub. We live up the hill in Rancho del Oro. We have a UV purification system throughout our house with a double filtration system (one carbon and one fiber filter), a salt based softener and a pressure system. We change the water filters and UV light regularly. Yesterday when changing the filters we noticed that the fiber filter was covered in red dirt. This is the first time the filter has been red. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, any suggestions to resolve it? We had a local plumber check it yesterday and he suggested adding another water filter at the water source (meaning from the city supply line into our aljebe). The plumber checked our on-demand water heater and no dirt there. The red dirt is not from rusted pipes. A little additional information, we built our house 12 years ago. Thanks.

Recently we have noticed that the water coming from our taps has a lot of dirt in it. I first noticed this when I ran water in the bathtub and a lot of dirt settled to the bottom of the tub. We live up the hill in Rancho del Oro. We have a UV purification system throughout our house with a double filtration system (one carbon and one fiber filter), a salt based softener and a pressure system. We change the water filters and UV light regularly. Yesterday when changing the filters we noticed that the fiber filter was covered in red dirt. This is the first time the filter has been red. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, any suggestions to resolve it? We had a local plumber check it yesterday and he suggested adding another water filter at the water source (meaning from the city supply line into our aljebe). The plumber checked our on-demand water heater and no dirt there. The red dirt is not from rusted pipes. A little additional information, we built our house 12 years ago. Thanks.

Shellie - we had problems with dirty water - we were having to replace filters very quickly. In the end we bit the bullet and had H2Ole put in a prefilter and that has solved the problem. It's not cheap but it means you only rarely replace the filters. We live a little east of you.

• 5 years later...

More than bacteria my concern for Lake Chapala would be the incredibly high and dangerous amounts of Mercury! Dont forget the term" The Mad Hatter" came from the FACT that the hat makers all went MAD because they used mercury to soften the felt! Was bad for the folks who wore the hats as well. Heavy metal poisoning. It lodges in organs and between the 2 hemispheres of the brain making the neurotransmitters go haywire hence people go nuts as well with it stored in tissues and organs many diseases one may not ever have had will take them down! Just saying. The bacteria also bad. You would need a whole house filtration system that takes out heavy metals as well as virus,bacteria etc....... Otherwise even if you use bleach in water when washing vegies the mercury will be left on your vegies.And also when showering into eyes/skin/nasal passages etc......

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, lori heuer said:

More than bacteria my concern for Lake Chapala would be the incredibly high and dangerous amounts of Mercury! Dont forget the term" The Mad Hatter" came from the FACT that the hat makers all went MAD because they used mercury to soften the felt! Was bad for the folks who wore the hats as well. Heavy metal poisoning. It lodges in organs and between the 2 hemispheres of the brain making the neurotransmitters go haywire hence people go nuts as well with it stored in tissues and organs many diseases one may not ever have had will take them down! Just saying. The bacteria also bad. You would need a whole house filtration system that takes out heavy metals as well as virus,bacteria etc....... Otherwise even if you use bleach in water when washing vegies the mercury will be left on your vegies.And also when showering into eyes/skin/nasal passages etc......

You're responding to a 6 year old thread. Best to start a new one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2013 at 12:45 PM, ComputerGuy said:

A friend spent six months here and had the runs almost every day. Once he switched tequila brands, the problem went away.

EDIT: Seriously. We can only figure it was the water used in that particular brand.

To make Tequila one has to turn the eater and alcohol to steam which no bacteria can survive. If there is bactereia in the bottle it will create gas and blow the lid off or bust the bottle.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, lori heuer said:

Well that explains most of the problems here! LOL!

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Wow, posts from 2013. Shows how many people have left town or this mortal coil

Yes !  Because they didnt wash their hands !

• Haha 4