Chapala.com Webboard

Seeking Monterrey No Tell Motel...NOW!

Have just gotten a call from some friends who are Newbies. They've gotten their TIP and Tourist visas and are just leaving the Columbia Bridge area headed for Monterrey for the night.

They are asking if I or any of my webboard friends can possibly recommend a safe, No Tell Motel, on the northern outskirts of Monterrey as they are coming in from the U.S. Border. Unfortunately, it is getting dark now and they will have to make the 2- 21/2 hr. drive in the dark but I feel reasonably certain that some of you (us) have found and/or stayed in a safe motel on the outskirts of Monterrey before getting to the bypass.

If anyone can give me info, I'd really appreciate it. I have their Mexican cell phone and can reach them with details.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Valerie :)

Thanks Mad Max, I did check that first but it seems only one is in the area and it's not one where you have a secure garage door situation. These friends are heavily laden with goodies and need a private, secure option.

Still hoping someone knows of a place perhaps just north of the Monterrey airport that is a true "No Tell Motel"...

Any ideas?

Thanks, Valerie. :)

We stayed at the Sunset Marquis two nights ago, it was great, clean, very secure, your own private garage entry. Took a little negotiation (in Spanish) before they would let us stay all night.

ON THE OTHER HAND -- the Sunset Marquis is just past the location on southbound 85 where all traffic is detoured to the west. Took us an hour of fighting traffic to get back to the Sunset Marquis.

We did notice a No Tell motel on the right-hand (west) side of 85 southbound, long before you hit that detour. I don't know anything about it. Kind of a castle motif. I would strongly recommend stopping there.

where the laredo highway hits the periferico on the north side of monterrey, GO EAST ON THE PERIFERICO 1 MILE. hotel periferico is on the right side headed east on the periferico. a suite, better bed, is 350 for all night. good place. going into monterrey is a bad idea.

Thanks all!

My friends did find the Hotel Sunset Marquis and said it was secure, clean and safe. They did comment that a few minutes before 8 this morning they received a call to tell them if they were staying 2 more hours, they needed to pay immediately, LOL. They were given time to pack up and leave and have made it safely back to Ajijic.

Can't wait to see them tomorrow! Some of the goodies in their vehicle are for me!

Valerie :)

The Sunset Marquis was secure & very clean. The phone call was a moment of 'well, it is a no tell motel, perhaps we should have asked what time we needed to clear out by'. It was 400 & we learned after we were in that for 100 more, we could have had a jacuzi tub. I would have loved that! We would stay there again.

Archived