Chapala.com Webboard

Natures Bound Dog Food

valbogyo

going tomorrow... will try to remember to look

Thanks so much. My friend has been training with a guide dog for four weeks and she will be traveling from Ontario to Lakeside with her new best friend. (and husband). I wonder how that dog will do, with a new job and a new home? It would be nice to have familiar food! I sent email to the LakesideExpress guys, but no answer yet.

I Googled Natures Bound Dog Food and got a single hit...this forum. Could you maybe, instead, be looking for Nature's Domain dog food? Natures Domain is made by Diamond and is sold only at Costco. Kirkland dog foods are also manufactured by Diamond for Costco. And, no, I don't know if Nature's Domain is carried in Mexican Costcos.

George

It has to be the Natures Domain because it's only sold in Costco Stores.

I would buy this in a nanosecond for my dog. I would also sign a petition to urge the Guadalajara Costco's to bring it in. Anybody else?

Sometimes, the same product is sold under several brand names. Check the ingredient list and you may find something identical or very similar. I have found that dogs are not nearly as fussy as their owners.

LOL! My girl is a princess and would react to a pea underneath her bed. She has had skin related problems from reactions to food for nearly eight years. Just when I find one that works, they change the formulation and we start over. If I'm fussy it's because I hate to see her in discomfort.

Another possible solution to the "same" dog food transition,

is to think about finding out what dog food brand / list of ingredients that IS available here all the time,

as well as available north, and start the food transtion up there before the dog arrives here..

So when the dog arrives and is here full time, he / she will have gotten accustomed to that dog food.

I haven't seen Nature's Bounty here. I did discover yesterday in Guadalajara ANF Holistic at a dog fair, Narices.

We spend a lot of time checking ingredients and there are no really good brands here if you want to avoid wheat, grains and GMO corn and soy. The best (and also most expensive) is supposedly Royal Canin, yet that is full of corn as well. A far cry from the many healthy brands in Canada like Acana with wild-caught fish and free-range meat - why not bring some bags with you?

For dogs with sensitive skin, there are many ingredients in commercial pet food that cause allergic reactions.

Archived