Chapala.com Webboard

Where can I get an original of my CURP ?

If you already have a CURP# assigned, you can just print a hardcopy directly from the web site. For me, the copies I have printed this way have been accepted by both DIF and the Driver's License office.

Not knowing I already had one from immigration I went to a Manzanillo government office for one. With my ID info they went to the web site and printed it out. Don't think there is such a thing as "an original"

Not knowing I already had one from immigration I went to a Manzanillo government office for one. With my ID info they went to the web site and printed it out. Don't think there is such a thing as "an original"

Those CURP cards "anyone" can print out is an "original" they told me many years ago. There is no other. Make sure to use a color printer.

A couple of posters here have confused the children´s gov´t. ID card which has the CURP number on the front and photo and fingerprint and is an official ID plastic card only available to children under 18, because then at 18 they can get a IFE card for ID.for a "CURP" card, but it is not.

These days the CURP cards are black and white. No need for a color printer.

These days they are still a slight hint of green and years ago some places would not except a only black printed CURP card - now they seem to not care. Maybe their website did actually change it to black and white?

Note: I went to the consult your CURP webpage here:

http://consultas.curp.gob.mx/CurpSP/

I put in my CURP and then hit "print" and the PDF is now in black and white with no light faint green lines in the background. So you were correct!

If you already have a CURP# assigned, you can just print a hardcopy directly from the web site. For me, the copies I have printed this way have been accepted by both DIF and the Driver's License office.

Yes, you can print it from the website BUT to get a drivers licence they insist on you having the wallet size laminated version. We discovered this when we went to get our driving licences and one of our group had the CURP printed out from the website on a letter size sheet of paper. She had to go down the block to a store that had internet access and get them to print off the wallet size card version and laminate it. The licence office was very happy with that ;)

Yes, you can print it from the website BUT to get a drivers licence they insist on you having the wallet size laminated version. We discovered this when we went to get our driving licences and one of our group had the CURP printed out from the website on a letter size sheet of paper. She had to go down the block to a store that had internet access and get them to print off the wallet size card version and laminate it. The licence office was very happy with that ;)

That is what they wanted at INAPAM also, not the printout you mentioned.

The print out that you get from the web site has the "wallet" size on the document. All you need to do is cut it out. I presented the 8.5" x 11" printout when I got my new driver's license a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have a problem accepting it (mind you I went to Ocotlan and not Chapala). I did use the same document to get my DIF card in Chapala and they accepted the 8.5" x 11" as well. Haven't been able to find the illusive INAPAM card yet.

Archived