Chapala.com Webboard

Gunsmith Needed

thesarge7

well,mexicans are not allowed to have guns, so a gunsmith is real hard to find. maybe people in the army can help you....

well,mexicans are not allowed to have guns, so a gunsmith is real hard to find. maybe people in the army can help you....

That's not correct,Mexicans are allowed to own guns,there are permits required and certain high caliber weapons are prohibited,but you can legally purchase guns here..As a matter of fact just this week in Guadalajara a home owner shot and killed a knife wielding intruder in his home,no charges were filed against him because it was ruled self-defense.

OK now!! I had a feeling this would happen. I did not ask about the law. I am well aware of what the law is, and yes, ANY MEXICAN RESIDENT, including us gringos, may legally own certain firearms, buy, sell, shoot, etc...I am not here to teach, preach or persuade about gun laws, nor discuss moral or ethical issues about gun ownership. Start another post about that elsewhere. If you are genuinely interested in the facts, you can contact an attorney, or start another post, and I am sure you will get all the information you need.

MY POST is a simple request for information; is there a gunsmith in the area??. If you do not know the answer, then please don't start off on a different topic here. I don't want this to turn in to a debate about gun ownership and laws. That is fine somewhere else. I am only looking for a gunsmith.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I found 2 gunsmiths in Guadalajara.

Jorge is at zepeda Victorian Sur #4919 phone # is 333-367-7575 , speaks Spanish only. Must bring your firearm registration and ID with you. His place is just North of the perferica Sur one block west of Ave 8 de Julio. It is a very small place but he has a banner at the entrance.

And the other is Mr. Vicente Rubalcaba. cel. is 333-141-0120 who I believe can be found at the Jalisco Gun Club, Club Cinegetico Jalisciense, Km. 17.5 Carretera Guadalajara-Nogales, La Venta Del Astillero, Jalisco, Mexico , 01 33 3121 7781

Good luck!!

OK now!! I had a feeling this would happen. I did not ask about the law. I am well aware of what the law is, and yes, ANY MEXICAN RESIDENT, including us gringos, may legally own certain firearms, buy, sell, shoot, etc...I am not here to teach, preach or persuade about gun laws, nor discuss moral or ethical issues about gun ownership. Start another post about that elsewhere. If you are genuinely interested in the facts, you can contact an attorney, or start another post, and I am sure you will get all the information you need.

MY POST is a simple request for information; is there a gunsmith in the area??. If you do not know the answer, then please don't start off on a different topic here. I don't want this to turn in to a debate about gun ownership and laws. That is fine somewhere else. I am only looking for a gunsmith.

Thank you.

Well, I never...

Does this mean by your post that you are upset by thesarge7 posting what most of us think. Too bad. When any poster asks a straight forward question and 18 people chime in with either a non-answer or a opinion, it makes one not want to seek help on this forum. All he wanted was his question answered--how hard can that be?

• 6 months later...

I did use Jorge in Guadalajara and he did not do the job right the first time. Had to go back. He was not very expensive. BUT, there are not many options for gunsmiths in the area. I did search for Meto-Armo and could not find anything.

Thanks for the input and info. And also, since this post, I have used Mexicoarmado.com several times. It is a very valuable web site for all kinds of information about firearms in Mexico. Laws, permits, technical info and even a classified section to buy and sell firearms. Thank you ambconsultants and HANSI for that great post!!

Archived