Chapala.com Webboard

new Permanente Card from Guad??

Floradude

After 74 days today I was in the Immigration office in Chapala having received notice on Saturday to come in..

I completed the final steps (payment, fingerprints, etc.)

Upon completion she told me I was through and I should check for notice to pick up my card in 10 days.

I was shocked at this and to make sure I asked in Spanish about the documents going to Mexico City and it has been taking 30 days.

She said 'no'........10 days and I should check the same website I had been checking for the past 72 days.

So, are the cards now being made locally?: Pardon me if I am skeptical. I was also told when the originally accepted my documents on July 11th. to check after 10 days.

No, they're still coming from Mexico City. I got mine earlier this month after waiting 5 weeks after fingerprinting. I think some people have gotten them as soon as 4 weeks, maybe even a rare 3 week wait. Post when you get yours as 10 days here would be a record for the books!

What, exactly, is the wording on the INM site where you check on your status that means "come pick up your card"? I have two notices since I got fingerprinted. The first says the payment has been recorded, and the second one says my immigration document is "under development" (en proceso de elaboracion).

Thanks!

I was fingerprinted on Monday the 23rd. I looked last night after one week (30th). So nothing has been entered/updated on my page. I am not expecting much until the end of the week when the promised 10 days arrives.

So far it has been from July 11th until today. I will post the total time if/when I receive the card.

Archived