Chapala.com Webboard

More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Intercasa

So a client went permanent and wanted us to check their pedimento which was done by a person in Ajijic, not the same person who was selling fake pedimentos and stolen plates but a new person. We tried to check out the pedimento but nothing came up under the vehicle VIN number and the plates did not check out either. I will personally verify the pedimento with Aduana Thursday but I feel it is a fake due to the fact that the client met with the guy to import the car at the beginning of this month and then 2 weeks later got a pedimento dated January 14, 2013, 8 months before the parties met each other or did business. Anybody else out there please check, this person has been mentioned on web boards as being reputable and maybe he or his source have gone bad.

Spencer did you check here also:

http://www2.repuve.gob.mx:8080/ciudadania/consulta/

This is our "confirming" source after the VIN checks out on:

http://www.aduanas.sat.gob.mx/soianet/oia_consultarap_cep.aspx

But a delay between showing up on the latter and showing up on the first link I posted as I suspect you already know.

The date you noted certainly makes it all seem like a fake.

On Thursday I will personally check it out with Aduana.

<< got a pedimento dated January 14, 2013, 8 months before the parties met each other or did business.>>

That would be a good clue that there's something amiss.

I agree which is why many of us questioned this. However, I and "40 others", received what appears to be a logical and valid explanation which was confirmed by another party. I suggest postponing comments until Spencer has spoken to Aduana on Thursday

I agree which is why many of us questioned this. However, I and "40 others", received what appears to be a logical and valid explanation which was confirmed by another party. I suggest postponing comments until Spencer has spoken to Aduana on Thursday

It would be beneficial to others to share the explanation, please.

NOTE the subject line says "FAKE". :-)

It would be beneficial to others to share the explanation, please.

Spencer has said he is going to discuss the issue with Aduana on Thursday and I am sure he will have the complete and correct story then. Right now we only have a partial understanding of the process. So rather than providing only half the story, I would rather wait for Spencer's next communication on this.

So step #1, aduana says that once a pedimento is issued it may not be changed or altered unless it contains an error. My associate attorney is at the recaudadora office to check on something else and tomorrow I will check with aduana personally about 2 suspect pedimentos.

I would not recommend any one start a nationalizing process without it being in writing a full refund if pedimento and factura not delivered and asking for partial payment [mod snip].

INFO SAT, Aduana and an associate who took a course on customs law said one thing and the person locally involved gave an explanation that contradicted the aforementioned parties.

The aduana person I went to and showed the pedimentos to said the data in the computer did not match the pedimentos I presented to her.

Archived