Chapala.com Webboard

Netflix Chapala

mkshawn

You can subscribe easily to Netflix Mexico ($99p/mo), but I believe for most English-speaking people, there is not enough English programming. To get Netflix USA ($7.99), you must fool their servers into thinking you reside there. This can be done by also subscribing to a monthly service like Hide My ### or Unblock-US. That runs $5 US a month. You can then watch Netflix on your computers/tablets

To watch it on your TV, you must have either a "Smart" TV that is connected to your home network, or a TV box such as Roku or Apple TV, also connected to your network. And these must be installed after the hiding service is set up (also called IP blockers, ghosting, etc.).

Reference for Netflix Mexico: http://netflixmexicocompletelist.blogspot.mx/

There are other options, but I have no experience with them: http://mexico.usa-ip-address.com/#how-it-works

I have actually went to Mexico Netflix from using the US version with my blocker. The shows are mostly in English and they have many more movies then the American Netflix. My account is an american account though, so that may make a difference in what they offer me.It is actually amazing how much better it is as far as selection goes. I have had American Netflix for many years and I switched to Mexican netflix to check it out when it first was offered and it was a horrible selection, now it is wonderful. Everything has Spanish subtitles though, but I do not mind that to get the better selection. I would recommend getting a US account if you have an US address and then just not using the IP blocker. If you chose to us a IP blocker- I have used both services Computer Guy mentioned below and I really like the HMA, unblock-us.com was wonderful in the past but I have had issues with it being blocked and not being able to use it for Amazon Prime movie streaming.

You can subscribe easily to Netflix Mexico ($99p/mo), but I believe for most English-speaking people, there is not enough English programming. To get Netflix USA ($7.99), you must fool their servers into thinking you reside there. This can be done by also subscribing to a monthly service like Hide My ### or Unblock-US. That runs $5 US a month. You can then watch Netflix on your computers/tablets

To watch it on your TV, you must have either a "Smart" TV that is connected to your home network, or a TV box such as Roku or Apple TV, also connected to your network. And these must be installed after the hiding service is set up (also called IP blockers, ghosting, etc.).

Reference for Netflix Mexico: http://netflixmexicocompletelist.blogspot.mx/

There are other options, but I have no experience with them: http://mexico.usa-ip-address.com/#how-it-works

I have actually went to Mexico Netflix from using the US version with my blocker. The shows are mostly in English and they have many more movies then the American Netflix.

Thanks for that. We've been using Netflix US for about four months and yes, the selection of stuff you can stream is really limited. Service works well though. We don't have a Smart TV (that I know of) or an additional box, just stream it on the computer, and plug the computer into the TV and it shows up on the big screen as well.

My daughter has a Canadian Netflix contract and with that she can add 4 other users. We are one of them. We get a version of her Netflix but it is not the same as she gets in Canada. Ours are mostly in English and we have an option of Spanish or Portugese sub-titles. If the film is in a foreign tongue we still get the choice of Spanish or Portugese. Needless to say, we do not watch many foreigh language films. These additonal users do not cost my daughter anythng additional. We occasionally have a problem logging on but so far I have managed with my rudimentary computer savvy, to reconnect. One needs the ID and PW of the contract holder.

As long as your speed with Telecable is stable, you shouldn't have any problem. However, I don't use it, so someone else should step in here. Lately my customers with Telecable are showing good download speeds, but terrible browser speeds.

I have the very basic Telemex Service: Has anyone any experience streaming Netflix at this speed?

Thanks again for all the assistance.

That's all we have and it works well. Don't know why, but it works perfectly on our iPads and well enough on the windows computer. We use HMA to get to a variety of IP addresses, so we use Netflix from other countries to expand our selections.

Archived