Chapala.com Webboard

How many US English channels on Telecable

Bigrig1919

There many including Fox News, CNN, and one set of East Coast US networks. I could go on and on. It's just that I'm up North for a few more weeks and can not check.

But remember that there are about 74 old fashioned analog channels going from channel 2 to 75 (most in Spanish) where there are ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, Etc Etc in English. Then just like the US and Canada, that went digital, so did Telecable and the Telecable digital channels go from 100 to 950 many/some of which are also in English including Fox News, oh BBC,DW,CNN, CNNI Etc. They also have HD Channels, I believe 700 to 789 to include HBO, CNN, Pro football, Nat Geo, several other movie channels, Playboy, you name it are viewable in HD if you subscribe. You should stop buy a Telecable office to check out what is available and for how much

Oh, I take that back. believe DW is only in D and Esp.

If you are language impaired, I would recommend that you consider Shaw Direct, or DirecTV if you want plenty of English language HD channels via satellite or if SD is OK DISH USA can also be considered. (The satellite on DISH that carries most of the HD channels has too weak a signal for reception lakeside, even on a 2.4 meter dish

oh you could also stream TV if you have the correct VPM and a reliable high speed connection.

I have Shaw right now and even though the reliability and quality is there, I only watch about 10 of the channels and dont care for the other 100. I eventually want about about 4 TVs in the house which includes the guest house, etc.

It is a lot cheaper and easier to run just a cable to each room I want a TV in than buy another receiver and pay the Monthly fees

Telecable would be great if I could get about 25 US channels at a reasonable cost

I decided go down and sign up this morning for Telecable TV service. They don't require a longtime contract and hopefully if I get the digital package, hopefully, I can get all the channels I want. If I'm not happy with the English selection of channels, I can always cancel.

I've been fussing with Telemex for Months over my slow Internet speed and give up a few weeks ago and got Telecable Internet. So far great,

I'm not interested in Movies because I use Netflix with a VPN

We have Telecable Basico and get English on CNN, ABC, NBC. CBS, FOX, WB, AXN, Discovery, History, NatGeo, several others that I cannot remember, plus cartoon channels, etc. It works for us. Some of these channels are broadcast in Spanish and English, so be sure your TV has the option to use Secondary Audio Programming. Our older sets do not, but our living room TV, bought in 2004, does have that feature.

If you can't drop by a telecable office to learn what channels and other services are offered simply go on line to www.telecable.net.mx, enter your Estado (I presume Jalisco) and your Ciudad (you know City) and then press Entrar (enter) Then with a little experimenting around you will see the channels and other services provided in your city.

They have everything laid out in TV Guide for you by your major city EDIT: by major city, I meant I could enter Chapala but not Ajijic Etc.

2nd Edit: I'm pretty sure they don't have the golf channel. And even though they say they have the Playboy Channel in HD, they will but it's not lakeside yet. At least it wasn't a month ago.

I don't watch lots of TV but I have the free version of USTVNOW. I get real time programs on ABC, NBC, CBS and a few others. They also have a paid version. You can get all the info on their website. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

You may be referring to Smart TVs... digital TVs are the norm now, and most satellite and cable companies broadcast digitally. Pete would know if there are some "over the air" channels available from Guadalajara, but to my recollection very few and not very good quality.

Smart TVs and/or Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast and various other boxes can receive channels that stream from the Internet, without the need for cable or satellite boxes. However, you do need a good, fast Internet connection, and any service worth having charges a monthly fee. Also, the networks do not broadcast their regular programming for Smart TVs. Companies like Amazon are now offering all kinds of good TV this way, though.

Well, then, as mentioned, most cable and sat systems provide digital. Over the air does too, not sure about down here. So if you don't want a box, you'll need an antenna. In fact, I think it's law in most of N. America that all broadcasts be digital.

No, it appears that none of the GDL stations have a repeater on the mountain.

Eventually when it is all digital, that is what they will have to do. That's what happened in TX with my brother in law's cable.

Those boxes are a pain in the butt and they use a lot of power. I'm not having one.

Sorry I have not answered sooner. I'm up North in not so sunny Seattle for a break. (Actually I'm working on my taxes, getting a free physical maybe an iWatch etc)

The last time I tried getting digital signals with my analog and digital TV connected directly to Telecable's RG-6 cable I got all of the analog channels and only several digital channels. To get the digital channels numbering 101 to 999 one needs a digital tuner provided by the cable company, not the digital tuner in your TV. My tuner which was provided by Telecable appears to be a used Comcast box set up to work with Telecable. It appears to be about 8 years old and is much bigger than what Comcast now uses.

There of hundreds of digital SD channels many of which are also available in HD and also in English to include the NFL channel, FOX, CNN, many local Guadalajara channels and Playboy, you name it all in HD.

To learn more I would either go to a local Telecable office to get a handout or three and also go on line at I believe, Telecable.net.mx, enter your location and then left clicking on the correct link. It helps if you are better in Spanish than I am. But it is all there. Good luck

Archived