Chapala.com Webboard

Driver/Guide to Reynosa/McAllen and back

bdlngton

Asking for some friends: They want a driver/guide to take them to Reynosa/McAllen in their own vehicle and then back to Lakeside before the end of this month. They will pay all expenses (gas, tolls, hotels, meals, etc.) and, of course, the driver/guide for his services. He does not necessarily need to drive the whole time as they can share driving. Wife needs to leave Mexico as she is here on tourist visa and foreign-plated car is on TIP connected to that. Husband is on permanente. They will turn around and she will enter on another tourist visa and get another TIP for car. Unfortunately car is still too new to nationalize yet so until they can do that they will need to do this every six months.

Please PM me with names and phone numbers of reliable drivers/guides to pass on to them.

This just posted today on one of the PV boards:

For those driving to Laredo, TX, roads in San Luis Potosi and Tamaulipas, between PV and Laredo, suffered serious damage. It may be impossible to make it to the border that way.

• 2 years later...

Going towards Laredo to go to McAllen is out of the way and costs a lot more in tolls. After you circle Lagos De Moreno one does not have to go through another town of any significant size using the direct Pharr/McAllen route.

I routinely make the border at Pharr from here in 10.5-11 hours. I would suggest staying two nights and doing a lot of shopping as McAllen/Pharr is loaded with good shopping and reasonably priced rooms.

Archived