Chapala.com Webboard

Internet - TelMex DSL - woes

stoneleigh

Our internet connection, which has been pretty solid for three years, has lately been down more than it is up. When it works, it works great, but it has been dropping out frequently, especially when it rains. I’m afraid that it’s probably only my connection, as it fails sometimes when the phone rings, and if everybody’s DSL was acting like mine, this forum would be talking about little else.

The bottom line is that I don’t know what to do about the problem. I can call TELMEX, but I have no idea how to communicate the problem in a way they would understand. My fear is that they will send someone, and the system will work fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a private contractor who I can hire to work on this problem? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If the line drops when the phone rings or is picked up, it is definitely time to take the modem and power cord to TelMex for a replacement. Ask at the front desk for a HUAWEI... these are more reliable than the current crop of Technicolor.

If the line drops when the phone rings or is picked up, it is definitely time to take the modem and power cord to TelMex for a replacement. Ask at the front desk for a HUAWEI... these are more reliable than the current crop of Technicolor.

i lose internet when on phone.. and it's a HUAWEI modem...

Huaweis are better, that's all. Far from perfect here, mostly thanks to CFE issues. Time to swap modems. If that doesn't work (and it almost always does), then a call to TelMex support in Mexico City is next.

01-800-123-2222 and keep punching 1 until you get past all the ads... then ask for "English please".

Yes, let it be known to all. Even though water does not short-circuit these wires, it does often interfere when it pools or gets in the cracks or connectors. Acts as an insulator, I guess. I've seen many problems over the years associated with pooling water.

Archived