Chapala.com Webboard

FMM sample filled Out Forms

Intercasa

Sample for Canje (Visa from consulate you swap for card in Mexico)

The yellow is where they should fill in the box for Canje and give you 30 days

FMM%20Canje.jpg

Looks to me like: After your application for a residente visa (temporal or permanente) has been approved by the Mexican Consulate in your originating country, the Canje FMM gives you 30 days after arrival in Mx to present the FMM to INM so that your residente card may be "developed." Those FMM forms are a PITA, so thanks to Spencer for beginning to post samples of completed forms.

Here is the one for travel, it is important to present them with the travel letter and filled out form first and then your passport.

FMMTravel.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the one for travel, it is important to present them with the travel letter and filled out form first and then your passport.

FMMTravel.jpg

Hello Spencer,

This example is for "Permiso de Salida". How would it be filled out for "Residente Permanente"? Thank you!

Hello Spencer,

This example is for "Permiso de Salida". How would it be filled out for "Residente Permanente"? Thank you!

More specifically, how would the FMM example be filled out as an INM card holding "Residente Permanente" after having left by land and returning by air? Thanks again Spencer!

I'm wondering what the process is after receiving Visa application approval from Mexican Consulate in Canada.

Under "Purpose of Trip", would I check "Other"? Would I then need to write a reason?

Do I need to do, say or write anything special at the US Immigration and then at the Mexican Immigration counters?

We are making the big move and have only previously gone to Mexico with tourist visas.

• 4 years later...
5 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

That is a link to this very thread. The wheels on the bus go round and round.

The letter that INM requires to ask for the canje from visa to resident card -- has to be submitted with the other INM forms, copies of visa, etc.  I have looked everywhere and can't find a good sample.  Writing it in Spanish is no big deal, but it would be great to know what has worked for otehrs so I can have it accepted on first try.

Thank you

Rick

16 minutes ago, sectorbets said:

The letter that INM requires to ask for the canje from visa to resident card -- has to be submitted with the other INM forms, copies of visa, etc.  I have looked everywhere and can't find a good sample.  Writing it in Spanish is no big deal, but it would be great to know what has worked for otehrs so I can have it accepted on first try.

Thank you

Rick

1 hour ago, sectorbets said:

Hey Spencer

Is there a sample FMM canje letter available somewhere on your website ??

Thank you

Rick

Spencer makes his living and supports his family by providing legal and immigration services to his clients.  His fees are reasonable and his level of service is quite high.  He has been and is, very generous in handing out free info here, but do you really expect him to handhold you through the entire process gratis??  

At some point asking paid professionals for free advice becomes free-loading. 

On 10/3/2013 at 5:54 AM, eagles100 said:

I'm wondering what the process is after receiving Visa application approval from Mexican Consulate in Canada.

Under "Purpose of Trip", would I check "Other"? Would I then need to write a reason?

Do I need to do, say or write anything special at the US Immigration and then at the Mexican Immigration counters?

We are making the big move and have only previously gone to Mexico with tourist visas.

The original post by Spencer on this thread shows exactly how you need to fill out the form for Canje, which will be your entry status.

Here's a sample letter to use when applying for RT or RP. Worked for me a few years ago, but things change, so YMMV. I suggest you write out something and show it to them before you apply - they'll tell you if you have everything you need.

Chapala, Jalisco, a 7 de Noviembre 2017
Asunto: Solicitud de Condición de Estancia de Residente Temoral
Delegado de Chapala
Instituto Nacional de Migración Delegación Regional en ChapalaHidalgo #271Chapala, Jalisco, México

Distinguido Delegado,
Por medio de la presente, yo, Joe Blow, estadounidense de pasaporte #xxxxxx, solicito la calidad migratoria de Residente Temporal . Adjunto copias de los documentos solicitados para este trámite.

No tengo actividades lucrativas en el pais de Mexico. Estoy en Mexico para "fill in something". I think I also had to add a sentence saying that I have sufficient funds to support me in Mexico and mention the source (pension, savings from the US, combination of ...)

Le agradezco por anticipado la atención prestada a la presente solicitud, esperando contar con el otorgamiento del cambio de condición de estancia.

Pieza: 000000xxxxxxx
Bajo protesta de decir verdad.

Atentamente,

Joe Blow
Your Address
Chapala, Jal

We were at IMN today to find out what needs to be presented to them.  There was no mention of the letter that is shown in the above post.  At this point they were requiring the printed copy of the online form, the bank receipts, the photos and the copy of passport and copy of FMM form which says CANJE.   Perhaps they will require the letter in the next phase.    Any thoughts.....

54 minutes ago, sunshine1 said:

We were at IMN today to find out what needs to be presented to them.  There was no mention of the letter that is shown in the above post.  At this point they were requiring the printed copy of the online form, the bank receipts, the photos and the copy of passport and copy of FMM form which says CANJE.   Perhaps they will require the letter in the next phase.    Any thoughts.....

I think they were indicating they had to present a letter at the consulate where they made their application. Maybe some consulates require and others not?

Thanks to everyone -- particularly Cronopio.  Some INM offices require a letter and some don't, or so it seems..  The "official" INM website makes no mention of a letter, but we want to be prepared so in case ours in Mexico City still wants it.  I'll report back in about a month when we will be there next to go through the process.

Rick

2 hours ago, sectorbets said:

Thanks to everyone -- particularly Cronopio.  Some INM offices require a letter and some don't, or so it seems..  The "official" INM website makes no mention of a letter, but we want to be prepared so in case ours in Mexico City still wants it.  I'll report back in about a month when we will be there next to go through the process.

Rick

I had to supply a letter explainng why I wanted to become a RP after 2 years on a RT which I got locally in SLP because I am married to a Mexican National and we live in Mexico. My wife wrote it for me and was a formal business style not like the sample above by Cronopio. I have helped several others going from RT to RP and all needing this letter.

I feel the 6 month preapproved RT visa in a US or Canadian or foreign passport should preempt the letter as you have already given your reasons for wanting to live in Mexico at a Mx. Consulate and have been approved, at least for 1 year and If a RP then you have been approved to live in Mexico permanently by a Mx. Consulate.

I feel from my experiences INM takes applying for a RP more seriously than applying for a RT as it does not have a renewal date.

We're driving down from Canada in a couple of weeks and I'm going to complete this online and print it at home so it's ready when we get there. It's really straight forward except we're crossing at Nogales and it lists three entry points; Nogales Uno, Dos and Tres.  Any idea which is which or if it matters when I fill this out?

Thx

Dale 

39 minutes ago, dboisclair said:

We're driving down from Canada in a couple of weeks and I'm going to complete this online and print it at home so it's ready when we get there. It's really straight forward except we're crossing at Nogales and it lists three entry points; Nogales Uno, Dos and Tres.  Any idea which is which or if it matters when I fill this out?

Thx

Dale 

The INM office for your visa and the office for your Temporary import permit for your vehicle are 21 kilometers south of the border from Nogales. You can fill out the form you print online ahead of time if you want.

1 hour ago, dboisclair said:

Thx

Dale 

https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html

You should not apply for the FMM online because this is only for 180 day tourist FMM cards with no option to apply for a 30 "canje" FMM card. You are not allowed to have a 180 day tourist FMM card because you are not entering Mexico as a tourist but as a preappoved RT or RP completeing the RT or RP visa processs at your local INM office. You have to wait until you drive across the border into Mexico to get the 30 "canje" FMM card. At that time after you get the 30 day "canje" FMM card show it to Banjercito to get a 30 TIP for your vehicle. Do not apply online on the Banjercito website for a 180 day tourist only TIP as that is against the rules.

2 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

You should not apply for the FMM online because this is only for 180 day tourist FMM cards with no option to apply for a 30 "canje" FMM card. You are not allowed to have a 180 day tourist FMM card because you are not entering Mexico as a tourist but as a preappoved RT or RP completeing the RT or RP visa processs at your local INM office. You have to wait until you drive across the border into Mexico to get the 30 "canje" FMM card. At that time after you get the 30 day "canje" FMM card show it to Banjercito to get a 30 TIP for your vehicle. Do not apply online on the Banjercito website for a 180 day tourist only TIP as that is against the rules.

Where did these folks say they were entering under canje? I might have missed it, but don't see that they posted anything to this effect on this thread.

Hi There

I apologize, I might be asking on the wrong thread.

I'm coming down as a tourist and I need a 180-day tourist FMM.

I already have my TIP and all I need now is the FMM and getting it online will save us some time. I'm just not sure what the office is called, that's 21 klm inland. On the FMM menu it lists Nogales Uno, Dos and Tres. Is it one of these, or is it called something different. If no one know's I'll just try Nogales Uno and see if that works when I get there.

Thx

Dale 

Most people crossing at Nogales use the Maricopa crossing, not straight through town. That is 'probably' #3. But for sure go west on W. Maricopa Road off of I19.  INM is down at km21 a bit south. At the intersection of I19 and W. Mariposa, there is shopping with some cambios where you can get pesos if you need them.

Archived