Chapala.com Webboard

Visa Process

WiseMannMex

Means in a week or so it should be at the office for pick up.

This Friday, September 13, at 10:00a.m., Senor Ricardo Vera Lira, the Federal delegate of the Instituto Nacional de Migracion (INM) will be at the Lake Chapala Society to introduce himself to the Lakeside Community and to inform the expat community about the tutoring sessions that will take place at the Lake Chapala Society installations in order to learn about the Mexican visa process.

This "meet and greet" is open to the public and we hope you will be able to join the Lake Chapala Society in welcoming Senor Vera, he wants to have a close approach in the Community.

Come and speak to the man personally; hope to see you there.

They will be turning over permanente cards to people who are waiting for them, we have been trying to confirm with clients for tomorrows event

Cards will be turned over to all people regardless if they have facilitators or not, they are asking us facilitators to contact our clients to pick up their cards at this event, they have given us a list of names of those whose cards are ready.

The local office also got a few more cards in yesterday

Spencer.

Denise just told us that our cards will be available for pick up tomorrow . We forgot to ask and I am asking here because others may be interested, what do we meted to show for ID? Passport, MX drivers license, etc. Thanks.

Yeah, they love us so much they are hassling us over our cheap, old cars. And expecting levels of income appropriate for the U.S. and Canada, not Mexico.

Sorry, but I think Mexico took up the welcome mat for expat residents. They just want people to get tourist visas, fly to overpriced beach resorts, spend a lot of money and go home. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :)

Yeah, they love us so much they are hassling us over our cheap, old cars. And expecting levels of income appropriate for the U.S. and Canada, not Mexico.

Sorry, but I think Mexico took up the welcome mat for expat residents. They just want people to get tourist visas, fly to overpriced beach resorts, spend a lot of money and go home. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :)

I know that with people I like I always make it as hard as possible for them to spend time with me. I think Mexico's recent actions prove that Mexico doesn't want us or doesn't respect us or only wants to get as much money from us as it can.

Just saw post, for pick up best to bring passort but so far they never seem to ask for it.

During the recent ceremony at LCS, the INM handed out approx 40/50 permenate visas.

This seems to be a significant number and an indication that there are many folks at Lakeside who are serious about living/staying in Mexico

Does this suggest that there is just scare mongering reports about people wanting to leave the area in droves

During the recent ceremony at LCS, the INM handed out approx 40/50 permenate visas.

This seems to be a significant number and an indication that there are many folks at Lakeside who are serious about living/staying in Mexico

Does this suggest that there is just scare mongering reports about people wanting to leave the area in droves

Or could it be that they have gone permanente in order to not pay capital gains when they sell their houses?

I think both situations apply. Many folks had to go to Residente Permanente or else leave and start over with financial proofs. They may not have wanted to go out of Mexico, possibly could not meet the new $ requirements, and could also end the need to deal with INM every year, etc. Any of these are good enough reasons to go to Permanente, in addition to the possibility of a tax advantage and the option to work, if desired. Many of those folks may already have had a Mexican plated car, so were not inconvenienced by having to take a vehicle north for sale or disposal.

Archived