Chapala.com Webboard

BANCOMER

viejomalogato

Although having been absent for a period of time, there are some interesting changes at Bancomer ( in Chapala)

One is limited to a 4 digit password at the ATM. Which means if one wished to get monies form the U.S.A. and one has longer than 4 digits on your VISA, you have to go to BAMAMEX to get cash, then go back to the other bank to do whatever. This seems to require the foreign community to get one of their cards.

There is no more a preferred customer line. You just have to behave like the common folk. I believe that this is a good move, although it seems to be directed at the foreign community.

These have been the only situations I have encountered, Perhaps you can relate more ?

R

Preferred customer unit is gone, there will be a line for preferred clients but those will be ones with balances of $300,000 pesos or more in the bank, no more gold card for those with 1,000 peso accounts.

By the way, Bancomer does not notify Schwab of withdrawals so you have to tell Schwab to reverse charges, one less minus for Bancomer. We noticed that Schwab stopped reversing the charges so we call them to find out why and they told us we had to ask them to reverse the Bancomer charges when there is no problems with the charges from Banamex, they get reversed automatically.

Although having been absent for a period of time, there are some interesting changes at Bancomer ( in Chapala)

One is limited to a 4 digit password at the ATM. Which means if one wished to get monies form the U.S.A. and one has longer than 4 digits on your VISA, you have to go to BAMAMEX to get cash, then go back to the other bank to do whatever. This seems to require the foreign community to get one of their cards.

There is no more a preferred customer line. You just have to behave like the common folk. I believe that this is a good move, although it seems to be directed at the foreign community.

These have been the only situations I have encountered, Perhaps you can relate more ?

R

I had the same experience in France about 6 years ago. At that time the bank machines would only accept a 4 digit PIN. I had to go to my bak when I returned to Canada to get the PIN changed to 4 digits. There is still a preferred customer line in the Ajijic branch but I don't know if that will change too.

And it seems worse now because if you can use that line now, everybody else in the bank will know that you have at least 300 000 pesos in your account.

I have a Schwab Debit Visa - Schwab reimburses all ATM charges.

Bancomer charges 69 pesos for ATM at bank - Banamex charges 29 pesos.at bank ATM

I refuse to use Bancomer ATM or banking services

We have withdrawn money from the ATM at the Bancomer bank several times in Chapala and other places and the fee is not 69 pesos. It's 22-something plus tax.

We have withdrawn money from the ATM at the Bancomer bank several times in Chapala and other places and the fee is not 69 pesos. It's 22-something plus tax.

I have a Bancomer account and their fee at an ATM to withdraw money from my US bank is like you say $22.00 pesos plus tax. I live near a Banorte bank and withdrew money and the fee was $69.00 pesos about 2 months ago. Maybe the poster meant Banorte.

Archived