Chapala.com Webboard

Address of SAT office in Guad. Please?

Zeus

Seeing one needs to present the car when applying for the RS, has anyone driven there with their Residente Permanente card? If so, and if stopped on the way into or out of Guad, before the RS is issued, is a passport and an explanation sufficient? Or how does one handle this? Help Please!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I drove there. They do not ask to see your car. You park a block or two away (as that's the closest you'll find a space) and walk in with your paperwork in hand. We dropped off the papers about 10:30 and eventually (after several visits and/or calls) returned to pick up the Retorno Seguro at 5:30. A full day but well worth it.

No one asked for it on the way to Nuevo Laredo, BUT, we had it.

Valerie :)

I'll post the address as soon as I find it. It was an easy drive in and easy to find as well.

There is a SAT office in Ocotlan at the Plaza San Felipe. It is just outside the entrance to the Estadio Jalisco offices where you go to get your driver's license and/or car registration renewals (beside the Cinemex in the back of the plaza). Hours are 8:30AM - 2:30PM.

Address is:

Av. Universidad No. 950, Local 64, Centro Comercial Plaza San Felipe, Entre Ecuador y del Obrero, Colonia San Felipe.
47810 - Ocotlán (Jalisco)

Here is a list of services offered (translated).

In the Office of the SAT in Ocotlán (Jalisco) you can make all kinds of efforts and procedures related to the service of tax administration (S.A.T.) in Ocotlán (Jalisco). The SAT Office both individuals (professionals, lessors of properties, individual entrepreneurs) can make procedures as companies of Ocotlán (Jalisco), companies with large and lucrative purposes taxpayers in Jalisco. Among other procedures:

-Registration for the RFC (Federal taxpayers registry) in Ocotlán (Jalisco), Jalisco.
-Update of economic activity and tax obligations
-Suspension and resumption of activities in Ocotlán (Jalisco).
-Registration to the RFC for landlords of buildings in Ocotlán (Jalisco).
-Annual declaration for individuals and corporations.
-Presentation of informational statements.
-Interim or final payments.
-Collateral management
-Auctions in Jalisco
-Procedures for registers in Ocotlán (Jalisco)
-2012 Income tax

I drove there and with my Residente Permanente card and they inspected my car. As expected I wasn't stopped. It is unlikely you will be stopped.

Seeing one needs to present the car when applying for the RS, has anyone driven there with their Residente Permanente card? If so, and if stopped on the way into or out of Guad, before the RS is issued, is a passport and an explanation sufficient? Or how does one handle this? Help Please!!!

It all depends. Zapopan wants to check all cars, Guadalajara doesn't necessarily want to do so. Most people living lakeside will go to Zapopan by trompo Magico or SAT Americas. As far as being checked, about 80% of people driving to Texas seem to be checked while the opposite is true for people driving to Arizona from what we have been told.

As far as inspection goes we get paperwork preapproved and have someone at the tax office so that if there is an issue we can fix it on the spot, so that nobody drives in for nothing.

Archived