Chapala.com Webboard

Spanish Lessons/Classes?

DT22

I went to Ole in Ajijic and did the placement test and the guy said he would get back with me shortly. I quite liked them but 2 weeks have gone by and no response even after I sent then an email so I think I will have to look into other options.

Please don't recommend online anything :-) I have purchased both Rossesta Stone and Fluenz and tried Duolingo and while all seem great, the truth is I am just not self motivated enough to stick with them. I need a class or tutor who will push me.

It seems the classes locally are usually only a couple of days a week and the only tutor I have spoken to was over $15/hour. For the first couple of months at least I would really like to have 2 hours per day 5 days per week in class or with a competent tutor but really don't want to spend more than $300 USD per month, is this possible here lakeside? Any recommendations for me?

Ole is in the process of reviewing their schedule and starting the process of beginning new classes. I have been through the same placement test and have been told that they are trying to start new classes within 2 week.I suggest you let them know if you are still interested.

DT22. For 10 hours a week times 4.3 weeks in a month, you want to pay no more than $300 U.S. per month! That works out to just over $7. U.S. per hour, hardly a living wage for a professional teacher. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the math/economics lesson.

I am open to both classes or tutors or a combination of both. Did you have any recommendations?

Archived