Chapala.com Webboard

Good kids need help

ChrisB

A group in San Antonio is really hurting for help with kids

We are trying to create a true club culture and not just coaching a loose group of teams with no direction or development a club with a specific playing style, values and principles. We are slowly implementing a training program/philosophy with the 3 age groups we work with Minis 7 to 9 year olds ,Pony 10 and 11 year olds and Juniors 12 and 13 year olds all 3 teams consist of 16 kids.
Basically we have been getting by with donated used adult size uniforms from Canada and balls which are slowly getting wear n tear or getting lost/ stolen/destroyed. The cost to have a kid dressed shirt short and socks is around 250 pesos.

It would be GREAT if we could fit these kids with proper uniforms with our own club logo to create a strong club identity that takes pride. The next thing of course is soccer balls that are size 3 size 4 and size 5. 8 balls per group would help a lot! We train T W TH F games are on Sundays. The new season hasn't started yet we are waiting to find out when.

If we were to get any help with uniforms we would gladly put the sponsors name on it...

Harry and I are willing to coordinate

PM

email - ms1cb@yahoo.com

call - 766 -4282

The participants of Inside Lakeside have challenged the Chapala.com participants to sponsor a soccer team like they have? They are a fraction of the size of this Board yet they have stepped up and helped some local kids!

I am not sure if I am correct do you mean 16 children per team or 16 children total ???

If it is per team at 250 p per child you need 4000 pesos for uniforms plus equipment. either solo or times 3 .

Please provide a breakdown in costs needed for this worthwhile venture. I would like to contribute.

Sue they said that there would be 20 kids per team (including substitutes) for three teams. Balls can be had from Walmart. Shoes are being checked on by the folks at Inside lakeside.

Frankly, I'm kind of disappointed that more people are not up for the challenge from the other much smaller board.

I am curious to know if you have asked any of the business around the area if they would sponser if not all then some of them. Let me know, if not I am pretty good in sales and would ask around. My name is Jackie , 766-4577. I like to think that there would be a lot of people who would help children.

Jackie thank you so much for your offer of help. Many of the teams do have business sponsors and some in the area are sponsored by the Masons. These kids are in San Antonio and if you can knock on some doors any help is much appreciated

these teams are coached by Emily Crocker and her husband

What are their qualifications to teach fotbal. The coach for the Ajijic Union juvenile team is excellent. Seems like his main criteria is the game and all it's facets and through that,the goal being "fun" for the ninos. By the way, the Chapala team last year had a female who was quite good.

Why don't you ask them? Did you read the initial post? You can call and ask them at 766-3341?

I asked the questions here because ALL the public that read and are being asked for donations to these teams should be made aware. I have some problems with the mission statement as it relates to kid's sports, Yes I read the op,hence the query. I am not unfamiliar with team and individual sport endeavors but a lot of people being asked for money on this web board may not have such familiarity. Look before you leap-no?

edit:I just looked at the op again and I only see your phone#. and not the coaches or are you coaching too?

Well, since behnwau can require qualifications, but, won't call to get them; Emily provides the below. Hope it is worthy of a substantial donation!

Here goes short and sweet,

To the person asking about our qualifications,
First of all I just wanted to thank Chris who was very kind to try and help and get the balling rolling for us to see if anyone could assist with getting proper uniforms for these kids. Secondly I also would like to say a very deep thank you for those who have offered to help. And now about our qualifications..
My husband and I ran the Abbotsford Soccer Association for many years which consisted of 2,500 kids ranging from 5 year olds to 18 year olds boys and girls. We created and ran programs for minis select and recreational levels and have coached at all levels and ages. My husband was a former physio for the Vancouver Whitecaps and Canadian Mens National Team for many years. He was also part of the Whitecaps club when they won the Soccer Bowl in 1979 was also part of the Canadian Mens National team staff when they qualified for the World Cup 1986 in Mexico. I could go on...he has 50 years of it. As for myself I have a B Provincial level coaching certification and have coached for 20 years.
Our involvement with the San Antonio youth started almost 3 years ago with a group of 10 and 11 year old boys. The boys asked if they could play as a team and so we paid the registration fees for Cordica Liga in Guadalajara. A year ago the president of the local club asked if we could get involved with the club and share our experiences. The club at the time was about to fold due to in fighting and politics . We have tried to bring whatever we could from Canada when we had the chance in regards to balls/jerseys. We are called San Antonio Marineros FC and have 3 teams my husband, myself and Antonio the president coach these teams. We have tried to seek out sponsorship but with no luck hence Chris trying to help. You say you have a problem with the mission statement please clarify???
We have a deep passion for the game and enjoy immensely working with the kids and learning the language/culture. It is great fun that is reciprocated both ways. Well that's all sorry for going on I hope this answers any questions.
cheers

Archived