Chapala.com Webboard

My Great Dalmatian

Tomas

My name is Pongo. I am 8 years old, love children and walking on my leash, I am a great watch dog with a very loud bark. I am playful with most other dogs except when it comes to my food. I have been neutered and all vet check-ups since I was a puppy. I understand english and spanish but sometimes act like I don't. My mom and dad are moving and do not have any place for me to run and play. I am in desperate need to find a new loving home. My dad will assist with my feeding expenses for a year. We will greatly miss each other but I understand that they want me to have a good home with room to run and play and not be put in a small cassita by myself with no one to pet me. Please respond if you are interested in meeting me..Love Pongo

I very much wish that pet owners that want or need to rid themselves of their wonderful pets would put that up front in the subject so those of us that do not want to read something like this could choose not to click on the subject. It is really upsetting to know that another pet is going to lose its home ... and don't think that Pongo will not grieve because he will. He is also 8 years old ... if he lives a normal life span you are looking at 10 to 13 years. So what this means is that whoever gives this great animal a home for the rest of his years has a high probability of spending a good bit of money on Vet. bills to keep him comfortable in his old age and take care of any health problems that usually arise with older animals. I feel so bad for both of you .... but more so for Pongo.

How sad that an owner of an animal feels they have no responsibility to think of the needs of their pet.

Perhaps the dog cannot romp in his new surroundings, but a long walk or a run in the park would take care of that problem.

You have an animal and you also have a responsibility to that animal.

We've gone over this time and time again with previous posters. You're not going to shame them into doing what you think is right. Let's get beyond the fact that they're not taking responsibility and quit pointing out their failings and work at finding a FOREVER home for this dog.

OP, can you post pictures to tug at people's heartstrings to go along with your poignant post?

Maybe they've fallen on hard times and can't afford their former dwelling; maybe there's illness, maybe, maybe ...etc. but it really doesn't matter. They have reasons which are nobody's business but their own. Let's not judge them when we don't have a clue.

Maybe It's just me, but I'd really rather read a post without the pretense of a dog or cat "talking" and telling its story. That seems a bit condescending. What we have here is a Dalmation...a large, active dog needing space. He's getting elderly, but like many of us, he still needs affection along with those vet bills coming up. Let's hope someone has a place for him.

Good luck to Pongo

Quite right, Fordtruckman. They could have dumped the dog like some snowbirds & others do but they're trying to find a good home. You don't know their circumstances.

Gringa.

I agree with Ginger and Gringa! Me, as mexican, am in the same situation, my family is upset with me, because they say that I am wasting the money I could use in medications or entertainment for them, in my dogs, but I love my furry friends and I have chosen to have them, instead of use the money to have parties or eat out in a restaurant. Yes, in those hard times, we have to do difficult choices. I got my dogs before 08, when financial matters were different. Now, I regret sometimes of having to use part of my few money in the welfare of my dogs, instead of using my money for entertainment, but, I love my pets! :wacko: yes, we do not know their circumstances, I will pray for Pongo to have a loving home!

Gringa.

I agree with Ginger and Gringa! Me, as mexican, am in the same situation, my family is upset with me, because they say that I am wasting the money I could use in medications or entertainment for them, in my dogs, but I love my furry friends and I have chosen to have them, instead of use the money to have parties or eat out in a restaurant. Yes, in those hard times, we have to do difficult choices. I got my dogs before 08, when financial matters were different. Now, I regret sometimes of having to use part of my few money in the welfare of my dogs, instead of using my money for entertainment, but, I love my pets! :wacko: yes, we do not know their circumstances, I will pray for Pongo to have a loving home!

my dogs keep me entertained all the time

Archived