Chapala.com Webboard

Gardeners : Diatomaceous earth / nitrogen fertilizer / compost

holdrja

Hi - I don't remember where or when but someone had posted asking where to find diatomaceous earth. They have it for sale at HandyMail, located on the lake side of the carretera just east of Superlake and west of MailBoxesEtc. It's on your left as you walk in, they have a big barrel of it with several small bags on top.

And, if you want some fairly cheap pure nitrogen fertilizer -- buy a costal (big bag) of "sulfato de ammonia", it's pure nitrogen BUT make sure you water it in, or apply before a rain storm. We get ours at agrochemicas stores, but I notice that the garden supply store in Riberas has a sign board out front advertising it.

If you need compost, we have one bay of our composted "PasoPoop" ready for sale. It's 95% horse manure and some coffee grounds plus used wood shavings out of the horse stalls. My husband and our barn manager fuss over the compost bins, watering them down, introducing oxygen, taking their temperature etc etc. PM me if you want some, we use most of it on our gardens and pastures but do sell some occasionally.

Archived