Chapala.com Webboard

TELECABLE 13: Where is CNN?

Monessen

Yeah, it looks like you are right, CNN has disappeared for the moment to be replaced by Nat Geo Wild. Taking into account how shocked you are to see Nat Geo Wild, imagine how shocked you would be to see it replaced by faux news.

I have always loved the documentary channels, but they disgust me now with their low class programming of simpleton reality shows.

Lets pray that Telecable will soon get History International, this channel is awesome and sticks to the old school style documentaries.

Yeah, it looks like you are right, CNN has disappeared for the moment to be replaced by Nat Geo Wild. Taking into account how shocked you are to see Nat Geo Wild, imagine how shocked you would be to see it replaced by faux news.

I have always loved the documentary channels, but they disgust me now with their low class programming of simpleton reality shows.

Lets pray that Telecable will soon get History International, this channel is awesome and sticks to the old school style documentaries.

Didn't even know CNN was gone, never watch it anyway. May as well watch the White House Channel these days and skip the middleman.

Maybe it's started to work again. I get CNN in SD on Channel 13 and I get CNN digital on Telecable channel 608 and their HD feed on channel 777.

Oh they also have CNNI (international) on channel 609.

Oh and for those of you who like conservative news, Fox news is on the digital Telecable channel 615 and fox also has a Fox Business news in HD not on Telecable but on DirecTV on channel 359

Thanks for the information, Johanson. I appreciate it. For those who negatively commented and obviously don't like CNN--don't watch it. But please refrain from negative comments about a channel some of your neighbors appreciate. I would not do that for your news channels. Be polite please. By the way--CNN is back on 13.

Tell it to the second poster. Sidebar comments are hardly unique on this board, once you've been around a while you'll understand that.

BTW, CNN was back on in a matter of hours. Strange that they have it on 13 in the middle of a bunch of Spanish language channels instead of up with the rest of the english channels.

I don't watch Fox News either. Just read an interesting fictional story written around TV "news" as entertainment. It could have been classified as non fiction and applied to all of the current TV "news" sources IMO.

Hey Mainecoons the reason 13 is not near the US network channels which are at about 71 through 74 is that the general programming and formatting of channels was set up for Guadalajara and does not include the 71 thru 74 English channels. These channels are add-ons from an 8 foot Dish located at the Chapala Cable office which is pointed at a US Dish Network satellite.. It is an add-on only here lakeside to get us English speakers to sign up.

Oh for what ever it's worth, I enjoy watching or listening to the news and business reports from both the left and the right. What I didn't know and have mentioned before is that Fox also has a BUSINESS NEWS channel that's viewable down there on US DirecTV and perhaps on DISH USA

I say down there, because I'm in Seattle for a little while

I saw an article today that CNN and CNBC were both at lows for viewers.

With 5MM channels, I wonder how any of the channels survive.

I'm also seeing channels pop up on the net, which seems to be the way to go. Worldwide coverage with no cable wiring required, no satellites, no dishes.

Archived