Chapala.com Webboard

tv turning itself off - repair place? where to buy new?

my Vizio started turning itself off last night. Again today after just a few minutes. doesn't feel hot, tried different outlet. it is plugged into a surge protector.

ideas for where to get repaired - it's a flat screen - at least 3 years old.... bought at house sale

or ideas on best place to buy new replacement?

Take it to Jose, at Teleservicio Calvario on the Carretera ,43A in San Juan Cosala.

This is on the South side of the carretera , just west of the tall transmission tower coming from Ajijic.

Very honest and inexpensive.

Goodluck,

Fox

I keep wondering why people recommend this place in San Juan - when we went 2 years ago, he didn't have the equipment for repairing HDTV; didn't have an HD cable, and couldn't even reconfigure a remote to work with an HD DVD player. I don't know where else to take things, I just know the guy couldn't fix anything newer than a 70s TV - for us. We had the same problems living in Guadalajara.

The reason I recommended Jose in SJC, is because in the last few years he has repaired the following for us.

Used flatscreen we bought here.

Sony Stereo we brought here from the States.

I pod docking station

DVD player

Even a microwave

No, Jose might not be able to repair the TV, but he will be upright and honest with you. We have had very good service from him and all the following repaired items are still up and running.

Archived