Chapala.com Webboard

about shrimp

David Abadia Rodríguez

Mexico produce a lot of shrimp, in the market you can find blue ,farmer and estero shrimp ,blue and estero shrimp only in season , the farmer shrimp have less flavor because is feedeing with artificial food like the famous basa fish, " the perfect filet with no flavor", in this season 80% of shrimp producction is dead because a virus, maybe for the overcrowding in the farms, i had visit one shrimp farm last year and is not a natural ambience for a healthy growth , is the problem with salmon and all the farmer fish and sea food, except mussels , clams and oysters .

Like a Chef and restaurant manager i need to inform what happend with the shrimp, no body tell me that is posible the farmer shrimp is not healthy, but i only use wild shrimp just in case is dangerous, and about the Price you can find farmer shrimp 31 to 35 pieces per pound at 190 pesos kilo, that means in a kilo you have arround 60 pieces , each shrimp cost 3.20 pesos if you use 12 shrimp per order your cost is 38 for the shrimp plus the oil , the sauce and sides., ok you can sell it in 140 pesos but no 4 shrimp.

Sorry for my english

Archived