Chapala.com Webboard

CHUY THE MISSING PARROT HAS BEEN FOUND

Our poster's worked! A gardener saw the poster in Walmart and realized that the bird that flew into his garden (all the way down by the lake) was Chuy. His DAD went to get him today and he is once again home, well and happy.

Thank you to all the kind people who followed up with emails and suggestions via this web-board.

We never gave up hope and against all odds (it was quite a distance to go with clipped wings) - Chuy is back in Rancho del Oro.

Muchas Gracias,
Francine

I am so happy for both you and Chuy! He has had an adventure, which I hope will provide him happy memories for the future. We all need a little adventure, and then we need to go back home and be loved. I am glad he is home, and I am sure he is, too!

You could write Chuy's various escapades...going to the plaza...going out on the pier...going to the cemetery on Dia de los Muertos...going to the big church on Christmas...going out on the lake with some fishermen in a little boat...Since he talks fluently, he could relate all his adventures to you.

I have passed on everyone's comments to Chuy's mom and dad. He is a little worse for the wear and needless to say staying on his perch. Looks a little rough around his edges but seems well and healthy.

For those of you that asked here is CHUY'S STORY - HIS ESCAPE AND RETURN: Chuy came to live with his owners about 6 months ago and has adapted well. They think he is between one and two years old. Last Saturday when his pet sitter arrived to check on him and feed him - he was gone. It was determined that a side door had been left open by the gardener. Chuy was spotted by the neighbors below and their children flying into a the adjacent corn field. This was a surprise to everyone as his wings are clipped and no one ever dreamed he could still fly. Somehow he got enough lift and thrust to do this (he will soon be having his wings re-clipped).

We searched Saturday, at night, combed the cornfield and all over Rancho del Oro. His dad and mom were in the US at this time and his dad flew back Wednesday night and immediately resumed the search. A gardner for some folks who live at the lake saw Chuy's poster in Walmart, realized that the bird that appeared in his client's garden over the weekend was Chuy and called to say Chuy was at the lake and sitting on the garden railing.

The rescue took place and Chuy is now back where he belongs - with his loving family and in his custom built cage with his favorite toys, cashew nuts, fresh fruits and lots of love and attention. Chuy is learning to talk and it is hoped one day that he will provide further details... when he does... look for the sequel here folks.

Again, many thanks - what an amazing community we all live in. Chuy thanks everyone for their concern and good wishes. In Chuy's native language 'tu eres my amable - muchas gracias y abrazos!

Francine

Archived