Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. Sergio Najar Lopez, cardiologist

Lexy

My husband has an appointment with Dr. Najar Lopez tomorrow in Guad, referred by his local doctor here in Ajijic.

Even so, we'd appreciate any comments/opinions if anyone of you has been his patient?

Thanks,

Lexy

Guest verchiel

Dr. Najar is not only a very fine doctor, he is often invited to lecture in Spain on modern cardiology. Has modern equipment and techniques, plus a dose of good old-fashioned common sense and practical solutions to your heart issues. Doesn't rush to surgical solutions, is smartly conservative in his treatments. He makes excellent references to other doctors if needed, and is well-respected and well-connected in the medical community in GDL. He is also one of the most gentle, courteous and sweetheart-ed doctors I've ever been to. Dr. Najar has a good soul and a keen mind. Good luck to you.

Dr. Najar is not only a very fine doctor, he is often invited to lecture in Spain on modern cardiology. Has modern equipment and techniques, plus a dose of good old-fashioned common sense and practical solutions to your heart issues. Doesn't rush to surgical solutions, is smartly conservative in his treatments. He makes excellent references to other doctors if needed, and is well-respected and well-connected in the medical community in GDL. He is also one of the most gentle, courteous and sweetheart-ed doctors I've ever been to. Dr. Najar has a good soul and a keen mind. Good luck to you.

What a heartfelt and beautifully written recommendation! Thank you.

Dr Briseno is in my opinion a world class Cardiologist and one of the most impressive Doctors I have seen over the years.... and that includes a rather long list of high quality people. Lakeside is lucky to have him coming out on a regular basis.

This Thread is not about Dr. Briseno, it is about Dr. Sergio Najar Lopez.

One would think that if you want to discuss Dr. Briseno, then start a new Thread.

I thank you all for your comments on Dr. Najar.

My husband saw him this morning. He has recommended a pacemaker without delay. We agreed, and it will be done tomorrow morning.

We both felt good about Dr. Najar. The comments we had before we met him helped us have confidence in him.

Lexy

This Thread is not about Dr. Briseno, it is about Dr. Sergio Najar Lopez.

One would think that if you want to discuss Dr. Briseno, then start a new Thread.

SInce people here asked if Dr Najar came to lakeside and he doesn't it seems appropriate to share info on a cardiologist who does. We had a very good friend who had an immediate need for a cardiologist while here lakeside a few years ago and she started with Dr Najar but with his schedule and travel he wasn't able to stay with her, he recommended Dr Bresno and she had a great experience with him, since then many other folks lakeside have used him with universal success and he comes a couple times a week to lakeside to follow up on patients. He practices out of St Bernadette, the accepted best heart hospital in Guad. If someone needs a cardiologist and doesn't want to travel to Guad for every visit Dr Breseno is an alternative possibility with excellent credentials.

You may think that's out of line, but I don't......

When I was in Hospital Bernadette, in February, for major abdominal surgery, I was seen by Dr Briseño prior to surgery. When recovering, I suffered respiratory distress while trying to walk, and Dr. Briseño was called. He got my heart and respiration under control and I was able to be discharged; a bit late, but still needed follow-up. So, I continued to see him at Integrity and, for the first time in a decade, he got my blood pressure under control, as well as helping to improve my breathing. I had previously been under the care of another cardiologist in the area, but without the attention to detail and the success achieved by Dr. Briseño. I do not think you will find a better cardiologist anywhere.

Dr . Briseno was charging 600 pesos per visit a year ago . Must be more now . Hard to say what a procedure might cost. we've been living back in the US for four months now, I am amazed and horrified at medical costs here. we have Medicare and a supplement or I don't know what we would do!

Dr . Briseno was charging 600 pesos per visit a year ago . Must be more now . Hard to say what a procedure might cost. we've been living back in the US for four months now, I am amazed and horrified at medical costs here. we have Medicare and a supplement or I don't know what we would do!

He still charges 600p

• 11 months later...

Archived