Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside business phone - getting message "ocupado ... Hasta luego"

eagles100

I'm in Canada and want to talk to the vet Dr. Antonio Ladrone.

I dialed 011-52 (376) 765-5940.

Firstly, I'm hoping I'm dialling the correct phone #.

I tried calling several times yesterday and all I'd get was a message saying, and pardon as my Spanish sucks just as yet: "ocupado ... hasta luego" and a bunch of other stuff in between I didn't understand. I know "ocupado" is busy and "hasta luego" is see you later.

Is this normal that if the phone is busy that you get such a message instead of the busy tone we're used to NOB (at least for a business line)?

Gracias

It sounds like you got an answering machine message indicating that they were busy and possibly asking you to call back later, or even to use the buzon feature to leave a message. Mexico really is a face to face country, where messages by phone or e-mail are much less effective.

One of the irritating things about Mexico is voice mail- Everyone has voicemail on land lines and cellular-including businesses

BUT they don't acknowledge it's existence, unless it's a large company doing business with the US./Canada

For the 8 years I've lived here - I still play the game of leaving voice messages just to see who will respond- 99% NO-

now I even forget to look at my landline recorder to see if it's blinking

Mexicans like everyone sleep with their cell phone- if you are asked for your number they expect it to be a cell number.

A friend asked me to call last week- I called 2 times got voicemail left messages- when I saw this person ,told them left 2 messages- response ïs always the same "we never listen to voice messages"- and we never leave a voice message if a machine answers""

Send them an email or text message if you want to talk to them to arrange a time- good luck :unsure:

I'm in Canada and want to talk to the vet Dr. Antonio Ladrone.

I dialed 011-52 (376) 765-5940.

Firstly, I'm hoping I'm dialling the correct phone #.

I tried calling several times yesterday and all I'd get was a message saying, and pardon as my Spanish sucks just as yet: "ocupado ... hasta luego" and a bunch of other stuff in between I didn't understand. I know "ocupado" is busy and "hasta luego" is see you later.

Is this normal that if the phone is busy that you get such a message instead of the busy tone we're used to NOB (at least for a business line)?

Gracias

I have PM'd you with his cell # and email address.

If you leave a voice mail message on a Telmex landline OR on a Telmex cellular phone, it costs money to retrieve it.

We check our voicemail on our Telmex LANDLINE and haven't paid anything extra for it. Maybe it's part of our "package". We have the $599 per month Telmex landline deal, that includes internet and free national calls and some other things. Maybe free voicemail retrieval, too. I don't know.

Not that the voicemail works very well....but that's another issue.

hmm I am glad you did not have an emergency with your dog. I was travelling once when my dog started having seizures in Ajijic and the same thing happened to me. I was in a hotel had to leave and I knew there would not be coverage on the road, I had to wait for a couple of hours to leave which meant I miss the plane to go back eventually someone will answer keep trying. I doubt that they will call you in Canada.

Does anyone have Dr. Antonio Ladron's e-mail?

I was given this one but it was returned:

antonio@dresladrondeguevera.com

Thanks

I am not sure of their email but when I look at what you have typed I think you might have typed it wrong. You have @dres and I think it might be @drs as in doctorsladrone. Not sure but maybe that might help.

OK. Try calling a little earlier. Say around 9-9:30 a.m. or so.

Once the clientele starts parading in around 10 am, it's a madhouse. When we had a needy puppy and got tired of waiting forever in the lineup/waiting area, he advised us to come early before everybody else arrived. Maybe you'll have more luck getting a call through.

Alternatively, try later in the day, between 12:30 and 1:30pm....but before 2pm when it's pickup time!

Kim

Be sure to speak to Antonio Ladrone as he is the one that does most of the surgeries. If you need anymore help with this let me know.

Joni

I sent to the clinic today and saw Dr. Antonio. He explained that there is another email address. I got all the info and have sent it to the OP. Also gave her the Guadalajara phone # as well as the one for Riberas.

My thanks to cortland for going to the vet's office and messaging me the doc's info.

I have e-mailed Dr. Ladron information, questions and Coco's x-rays. Now I await his answers.

Thanks to all for their info.

I'm still not quite sure what the message was. It didn't sound like I could leave a message; there was no tone, oh well.

I sent to the clinic today and saw Dr. Antonio. He explained that there is another email address. I got all the info and have sent it to the OP. Also gave her the Guadalajara phone # as well as the one for Riberas.

good job Cortland. Kim's little dog needs Antonio's help

One of the irritating things about Mexico is voice mail- Everyone has voicemail on land lines and cellular-including businesses

BUT they don't acknowledge it's existence, unless it's a large company doing business with the US./Canada

For the 8 years I've lived here - I still play the game of leaving voice messages just to see who will respond- 99% NO-

now I even forget to look at my landline recorder to see if it's blinking

Mexicans like everyone sleep with their cell phone- if you are asked for your number they expect it to be a cell number.

A friend asked me to call last week- I called 2 times got voicemail left messages- when I saw this person ,told them left 2 messages- response ïs always the same "we never listen to voice messages"- and we never leave a voice message if a machine answers""

Send them an email or text message if you want to talk to them to arrange a time- good luck :unsure:

Mexicans never return phone calls on Cell's, they wait until you call and catch them, remember who calls pays, thats why they don't return your calls.

Archived