Chapala.com Webboard

ANYONE LIVING IN LOWER LA FLORESTA? HOW SAFE IS IT?

007tennis

Hi Ladies/Gents,

We are a 40 year old couple.

I have lived in the 'hood' for the past 4 years((seis esquinas)) but am now very close to sealing the deal on a house in Lower La Floresta (block or 2 West of Walmart & block down from the Carretera).

Security is paramount for my family, but we have just fallen in love with this house. It's on a prominent corner, not hidden away and is quite large, which hopefully helps and not too far from a school. I would be looking to install latest barbed wire/security cameras/alarms etc and do have a dog.

Not sure again if it makes a big difference, but my wife has a very large Mexican family who would visit us on a regular basis, so there would be lots of activity and cars coming and going.

Would hiring a security guard personally or if a few neighbours agreed be viable option? I believe there are 2 security cars that patroll the estate 24/7? Anyone confirm?

Any input, experience or advice from past/current residents or those long standing residents would be appreciated.

Safety safety, but can't live in fear :)

Keep smiling

Do people really think that 'gangs' from Mexico City are traveling to Lakeside to burglarize houses? Seems highly unlikely. Can you cite me some cases--not with your assumptions, but with links to news reports?

Lived Seis Esquinas before moving to La Floresta. Feel much more secure here. Hard to imagine why the question would come up.

I agree. We also lived near Seiz Esquinas for several years before we moved to Chapala. Actually, we have not felt insecure in either place. But then, some folks just look like ...... well, you know; they just seem to send out vibes that say they are worth targeting.

@Ajiji_Hiker

For sure getting to know area.

Actually Seis esquinas is one of safest places, contrary to belief, most house terraced style, look nothing from outside(tbf fair a lot aren't inside either), always a million families in the streets etc/neighbours close by, not solo_ virtually no unoccupied houses and if there are still any bad kind in the hood, don't [mod cut - language] on their own doorstep

All in all La Floresta is a safe place. Things do happen though. There are things you can do to keep from being a victim bit it can happen anywhere.

Now, large family, lots of cars coming and going, much activity. Hope you don't plan to party all night and keep you new neighbors awake. Hope you will play nice.

Barbed wire, alarms, security cameras and a dog seems a bit of overkill to me. I have lived in lower La Floresta for four years, only with a dog who only barks when a stranger comes to my gate. If I had to live in fear and be afraid all the time, I would move. Life is too short to be insecure.

If it helps, I have a friend who lived in lower La Floresta for four years. Single woman, no dog, no alarms, no barbed wire, no cameras, no bars on the windows and no problems. She made friends with her neighbors and lived her life.

Archived