Chapala.com Webboard

Disposal of US Plated Car

jb46

Does anyone know how to legally dispose of a US Plated 1994 Ford car which is not worth driving back to the border or spending the money to make it driveable? I have been told that Mexican Customs at the airport can remove a car from their data bases with the proper paperwork.

If it has been here several years I bet Aduana has no record. cars are normally tied to passports and especially when renewed or replaced often does the record. IMHO I would just scrap it if here for long time.

We checked and INFOSAT said we needed to request donations with the Administracion Local Juridica which is who authorized the retorno seguro permissions and both offices said no so while in theory it is possible, nobody locally will authorize the donations.

We checked and INFOSAT said we needed to request donations with the Administracion Local Juridica which is who authorized the retorno seguro permissions and both offices said no so while in theory it is possible, nobody locally will authorize the donations.

Aduana in DF told us the same. They do not want donations unless a vehicle that could be used as say a rescue vehicle. Darn you can not even give them away. :-)

Archived