Chapala.com Webboard

If you have a bank account at Bancomer read this

berto

I guess I am confused when you say that you do not have to give a pin number when you are making ANY/ALL transactions

When I see people swipe their card at Walmart the counter person will turn the small machine around and I presume your put in your pin number?

I also get immediate notification on my cell whenever a transaction is being made

So to day some thing new, I can make a purchase by signature only ..ugh

A few months ago the stores started requiring that we enter the pin number when using a debit card. Before that all you had to do was sign. The clerk is supposed to hand you the machine to put your card in and enter the pin number. Do not tell the clerk your # and let them enter if, and if they do ask you to do that, report them to the manager.

I recently found some very small thumb drives (physically) that will hold 8gb.

I sat down one day and scanned everything in my wallet and put it in an encrypted file. It has all my bank cards and their 800 numbers plus the websites etc, drivers license, immigration etc.

Then I built a phone book of everybody important and added that

Then I scanned all my medical records and added that.

I figured that no matter where I go or what happens, someone will have a computer that I can stick it in and get the info back.

I carry it around on my key chain and I have a backup in my desk.

My thought is the worst thing that can happen is that I get sick or have an accident and end up in a hospital where no one knows where I am. My wallet might end up missing in the whole escapade but with the thumb drive, I have everything I need to get some help..

The only thing that is encrypted is my financial info so I could give it to the medical people and they will know who my doctor is, phone number etc.

Archived