Chapala.com Webboard

Fine Jewelry Repair

There are several located in the jewellery district (Magno Centro Joyera) that will do repairs while you wait. Also another option, if you want to avoid the drive to downtown Guadalajara, we had a new clasp made for a gold bracelet at a shop in Ocotlan yesterday. Very easy to get to on the south-east corner of Calle Leandro Valle & Calle M. Hidalgo. Sorry, I do not have the name of the shop but it is the only one in the area.

Daniel is excellent but you will wait a long time for even a simple repair. I took in a pair of earrings and a locket that needed a simple ring put on...was told it would take three weeks...went back in three weeks and they hadn't even been touched. I was not prepared to wait any longer...and this occurred in "low" season.

Took the earrings to Polvito de Oro on the carretera in West Ajijic...on the mountain side just before the last set of lights heading west. Took them in on a Friday and got them back the following Tuesday...for half the price...excellent job.

Just so it's clear Daniel is not in Guad. He is in Ajijic. He told me 2 days to have 2 rings resized and they were ready on time.

I'm seeking a fine jeweler in Guadalajara, not lakeside.

Wish I could share a jeweler from personal experience but fairly confident that if you were to go into the large joyeria in el centro, find a local that sells diamonds on the second floor, then ask them which jeweler upstairs could best repair your piece while waiting? Perhaps you'd have to make an appointment so you could watch the piece being worked on but I wouldn't let it out of my sight. There are rows of jewelers there, they do work on both silver, gold and precious stones and they do sell real diamonds there too.

I had something fixed up there once but can't remember what it was and it was done within an hour.

Please share your experience.

• 1 year later...

Archived