Chapala.com Webboard

What kind of moron?

This morning at 7 am, someone started playing some pretty darned loud music from a place in Chula Vista (that must be for eventos, as there are parties there regularly at night). It went on until the rain started, then resumed again later. What kind of moron doesn't consider other people's lives at that time of day?

Even worse, last Thursday morning, around 5 am when the thunder was rolling: same thing.

Yes, I feel the same way about all the firecracker's that went off all night long when we were there in June. I heard it was a priest that paid the locals to do it all through the night to promote giving to the poor. Things like that don't happen where I live in the states. They call the authorities when a neighbors dog barks to long. Not in Ajijic. Where we have a home there, it is right next to an Eventos. my neighbors say you get used to it. I still have to wear earplugs and take a sleeping pill, and still can't get to sleep. That's the way it is there and we choose to live there. I told my husband we have to learn to suck it up!

If the excessive noise is in the Fracc. of Chula Vista, and you fine out where it is, the Fracc. can slap a fine on the guy--they did that a few years ago with good results.

Yep, right across the street from where the donkeys used to be, not too far from your old place. Considering the weird responses from the fracc these days, not so sure it would help... I am reminded of the tope fiasco of last year.

guys, if it´s possible, move to Las Fuentes Fracc. It is tooooooo quiet and silent....ohhhhh what a great peace over there!

Been here over 12 years. There's still not a quiet day or night. It's part of being alive in Mexico. If you don't like it you can go back NOB.I don't understand why people move here and expect it to be like "back home" because the fun of living here is to experience something different and exciting.

Been here over 12 years. There's still not a quiet day or night. It's part of being alive in Mexico. If you don't like it you can go back NOB.I don't understand why people move here and expect it to be like "back home" because the fun of living here is to experience something different and exciting.

Thank You!

This is a very good example of why it is so important to rent before buying ... or rent short term before long term. There are plenty of areas here and around Lakeside that are quiet and peaceful. There is a place for most everyone's particular taste. Not all Mexicans are really happy about the loud music that occurs very early and very late either. We have an eventos place very near us (which does not advertise itself ... nor was disclosed by our realtor before we bought) and when our Mexican house/pet sitter comes to stay she is never happy when she is kept awake late at night with the music that is so extremely loud that you can still here it when you apply pillows to both sides of your head... even with the windows and doors shut. Thank goodness this type of loudness only happens a couple of times a year for some reason. The rest of the time they tone it down after at least midnight ... and it isn't every night or even every week.

It is truly hard for me to believe that some of the Ex-pats actually came here to "enjoy" this type of "culture". Music drifting through the air and people selling their wares on PA systems of some sort and knife sharpeners whistles and ice cream vendors bells ... YES!! most certainly ... but ear splitting music of this caliber ... no. So, what would you say that are Mexican friends and neighbors who don't like this ear splitting music do? They are at "home" ... just as we now are also.

Mexicans trapped in this situations...just have to put up with it.... :(

DesCartes said "I think, therefore I am". In Mexico, the quote should be "I make noise, therefore I am". The advice I appreciated before moving here full-time six years ago was "if noise bothers you, find another country."

That is right! Mexicans make noise because they are ALIVE! and enjoy life!...silence is in the cemetery....died people does not make a noise!

Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones. My life is awesome since I bought these. What keeps me up at night is this weird bird/insect that screeches all night long. "Screech Screech" followed by another of these creatures that make the same kind of "Screech Screech" answer, and then a third creature..... sounds like its a kilometer away answers: "Screech Screech". Then it starts back with the first one.

What are they screeching about? "Nothing happening over here!" "Nothing happening over here, either" "Yeah, nothing happening over here". Geez!

Its why I will not own a gun. If I thought I knew, exactly, the spot where the nearby screeching creature was sitting..... I would blow it off the face of the earth! :013: That is how I feel when it keeps me awake.... then I remember my Headphones. I put them on, plump up the pillows so I am comfortable..... and blissful silence.

I know they are expensive, but they will change your life if you are disturbed by some of the more extreme noises. You will hear.... nothing! It works for crazy loud music, lawn mowers, screeching creatures..... crazy neighbors. Problem gone.

Don't you think this has gotten a LITTLE off topic, folks? And BTW, as long as we are off topic, yes, I remember the Chula Vista donkey--turned out he was sick, and some neighbors bought vet services and medicine, and he got better and did not bellow so much.

This morning at 7 am, someone started playing some pretty darned loud music from a place in Chula Vista (that must be for eventos, as there are parties there regularly at night). It went on until the rain started, then resumed again later. What kind of moron doesn't consider other people's lives at that time of day?

Even worse, last Thursday morning, around 5 am when the thunder was rolling: same thing.

MOVE! We did. Same thing in Joco. Insane! No sleep. I came back from the Veterans Hospital in Houston, Tx. after 10 days as an inpatient. Sick? Almost died. And the noise was incredible. So called Music all night and day. Sounds like 5 guys playing different songs at the same time. Add the church bells, the cohetes all friggin day and night. 2 hrs of almost quiet per day. Max! Move. It works. Docmex

I think we should try and be a little more supportive here. Everyone knows its noisy in Mexico, but sometimes it goes beyond the normal stuff or the normal time of day. Walk outside and talk to your Mexican neighbors, and if they are equally upset then you know its just not the charming, acceptable level of noise.

My sympathy to the OP. Hopefully its just some kids, being ridiculous....and they will go back to Guadalajara.

I rented a house in Ajijic at Seis Esquinas for one year. Wow. Noise, bands, processions, fireworks. It was great :). I was alerted to lots of happenings in the village because many of them start at Six Corners. There is a small Mexican Fundamentalist church near the Corners and on New Year's Eve last year someone was inside from midnight to 3 am playing LOUD music. I still didn't mind. Since then I bought a house in Chapala a half of a block from Cristiania Park. It is really quiet now--almost too quiet for me :(.

About 8 weeks ago new Mexican neighbors rented a house near me. They were probably in their 20s. The first Saturday here they opened their gates around 10 pm and put music on in their truck and played it so loudly that the windows shook! They had a group of younger people partying there until around 4 am :wacko:. Sunday morning the usually quiet neighbors on both sides of them turned music on sky high at 6 am. We all knew that it was a case of "temporary inconvenience, permanent improvement". It woke everyone up (different music from each side was just terrible) including the new neighbors who had just gotten to bed. No one said a word to anyone but there hasn't been a peep heard from the new neighbors since :D. There have been no parties at their place either (yet). It has just been quiet.

Mexicans trapped in this situations...just have to put up with it.... :(

Noise level depends on where you live- At Lakeside you're living in small pueblos- surrounded by basically lower class Mexican neighbors - I have lived in 2 diferent middle/upper middle class neighborhoods in the city - both 1- 2 blocks from 2 of the busiest main streets in the city- yet in the morning and night, I hear crickets and birds-occasionally cohetes (this morning at 7am) but far away- as well as musical chimes from a nearby church

1 neighbor on street behind -occasionally has large parties (last night) music very loud- at 8pm- had to turn up sound on TV (but very nice Mexican music & singers etc) until 12- then music was barely audible- In the past this home blasted loud music until 330 am- Guess some other neighbors complained..thankfully...

I asked my maid who lives in Zapopan if her neighborhood was quiet - she rolled her eyes and replied NEVER- noisey every day and night at all hours- It's not all of Mexico--- obviously, educational, cultural and location differences make the difference.

Well, certainly interesting responses. I remind those "naysayers" that I made no comment about the Mexican culture being at fault, nor did I suggest in any way that I upset by the noise of the culture. These are parties that often go on until 3:30 in the morning, using amplifiers to pump out the sound of the DJ or band. This is not village music; this is people coming in from the city, mostly pretty young.

And, this was not going on when the house was bought. The place has become an eventos location, meaning money exchanges hands in return for the party space. This is not allowed in this, or most, fraccs where owners pay fees.

Mexican neighbours are not happy with the partying either. I'd have to say this has much more to do with the culture of "not caring" than any Mexican attitude.

I've been here 10 years.Stupid is stupid in any culture, so please refrain from the judgmental, shoot-from the-hip comments about whether or not I personally "continually complain about the Mexican culture."

If the excessive noise is in the Fracc. of Chula Vista, and you fine out where it is, the Fracc. can slap a fine on the guy--they did that a few years ago with good results.

If the C.V. resident has the ok from Chapala or a friend at the Police, they will play music as loud as they like and nobody can do anything about it. This happens ever so often in Chula Vista, its very unpleasant but one just has to accept it as part of life in Mexico.

I own a white noise machine and with it right next to me on my night table and windows closed and ear plugs I can not hear the music and can sleep. And I am a light sleeper. Pm me for more info on machine. Also great for sleeping next to snoring hubby.

The live and let live culture of Mexico seems to allow each household 1 day a year to go stark raving crazy with noise, usually birthday music. Many neighbors know when the day is coming and plan accordingly. I've also noticed that some neighbors mask the sounds of sex with loud music, sorta keep the kids in the house unawares.....

Archived