Chapala.com Webboard

Water Spouts!!

Ezzie

We moved to Ajijic in 2007, and the lake was down, but not out... as it had been. The next year was the Great Flood in the Ajijic park before they built the new Malecon, and I believe it was also the year of the R.C. and San Juan Cosala disaster. All I know for certain is that it had to be after we moved here.

But.....memory does not always serve like it useta. :huh:

We moved to Ajijic in 2007, and the lake was down, but not out... as it had been. The next year was the Great Flood in the Ajijic park before they built the new Malecon, and I believe it was also the year of the R.C. and San Juan Cosala disaster. All I know for certain is that it had to be after we moved here.

But.....memory does not always serve like it useta. :huh:

We missed the "water spout" destruction of San Juan C. because we were in NY selling our house after renting it for two years. That was in 2007, the year of the "water spout" that wiped out (or didn't wipe out) San Juan Cosala.

Correct. It was a freak short lived heavy downpour of immense magnitude hitting the mountain above the Racquet Club.

Here in Mexico, that kind of heavy downpour is called a tromba.

We have these on Lake Erie and they are powerful and destructive if they hit the coastline. Just like a tornado. I am so surprised at so many in such a short period of time. I had only known of two on Lake Chapala before this summer.

Archived