Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone with current experience at the Mexican Consulate in Laredo

giltner68

Giltner I realize not Laredo but friends from SMA went to the consulate in San Antonio this morning and have their Temporary Resident visa pre-approval. If interested in knowing more I can ask no later than Saturday when they come to get their dogs.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that and no hurry. I'm trying to plan a trip and don't want to be sitting in a $100 a night motel waiting for someone to do something at the Consulate if I can go to SA, or Austin and speed the process. I picked Laredo as that's where I cross and I'll time it for a Monday in hopes of getting something done that week.

Giltner in San Antonio in and out same day. There were no criminal checks. The couple had 6 months of bank statements, 6 month of investments and proof of home ownership. For in vestments they wanted 1 year of statements. But they accepted the fact they owned a house in Mexico and divided the value of the house by 2 and each had enough "credit" in the house to qualify for TR visa. You could be done in same day as these two were.

Fabulous, many thanks, I've already printed out statements etc, but was concerned with turnaround time and that will work perfectly, I have friends in SA and can say hello to them as well. As a side note, from all the discussion here on the board, looks like the consulates have got it together more than the local folks down here.

Archived