Chapala.com Webboard

Debit and Credit Cards Forwarded

d-d

I didn’t find out until June that my ATM card had expired at the end of May. When I called Bank of America they asked if I hadn’t received the card they mailed me in April. No. They mailed another to my Sol y Luna address in Laredo. After five weeks I again called BOA and they agreed to express mail a new card to my home here, for a fee of $20 u.s. When I discussed this with the Sol y Luna staff last week they just shrugged.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had an issue with cards disappearing through the mail forwarding system. I know a neighbor had a problem with them a few years ago, but I wonder if it’s a regular occurrence.

I've had my new credit and debit cards arrive (separately) by Mexican mail. Milagro! Can you tell me your PIN number in case your card comes my way instead? Bloody nuisance. A good excuse to use someone elses card.

Received my new bank card through Sol Y Luna with no problems.

When I lost that card a couple of months later, I called Chase. Forty-eight hours later, UPS showed up at my gate with a replacement card. Chase charged me $5 to expedite processing.

Archived