Chapala.com Webboard

Any Annual Reporting with Residente Permanente?

I was told by San Miguel INM that each year a new photo must be submitted.

I would understand a new picture every 5 years as we don't keep the same face for ever. :( But every year??? I doubt it. They would be the first to require such a thing. Even passport all over the world don't require a change of photo every year.

Another way of making money, maybe???

Que será será.

I'm glad you challenged this because I double checked and yes, there is reason behind the madness. You will probably hear of it later. "Also this year requirements are matt paper and white background, so yes, need new ones."

Could it be that, in the future, for new applicants that would be the case? Not for those who already have theirs.

Could it be that, in the future, for new applicants that would be the case? Not for those who already have theirs.

Yoo-Hoo! Facilitators and spouses of facilitators: can you ask about this? I would love an opportunity for a retake of my picture.... once, but not every year!

Yoo-Hoo! Facilitators and spouses of facilitators: can you ask about this? I would love an opportunity for a retake of my picture.... once, but not every year!

I would love a retake as well, except it gets worse every time. It must be the camera or the light, I'm sure.

There are no plans in SMA or anywhere else I would guess to have annual photos; this is purely myth.

First INM tells someone then it is a web board and then it goes from annual to once. For some time INM has only accepted a specific type of photo including background. As Mireya the sub-director at INM in SMA says this is simply not true and laughed. She stated they can barely keep up now and would certainly not be adding to their burden with this nonsense.

It seems that the ladies like this crazy myth and one of them is responsible for starting the rumor. The men, however, are perfectly comfortable with the same deteriorating face and other parts, and would rebel strongly against any further suggestion that INM be given any indication that expats would like to revert to visiting them every year and paying to have new cards made with ever more expensive studio photographs; perhaps even Photoshop versions for the very vain. Shame the vain! Rise up! Dig the hole and plant the stake! Bring firewood! :019:

It seems that the ladies like this crazy myth and one of them is responsible for starting the rumor. The men, however, are perfectly comfortable with the same deteriorating face and other parts, and would rebel strongly against any further suggestion that INM be given any indication that expats would like to revert to visiting them every year and paying to have new cards made with ever more expensive studio photographs; perhaps even Photoshop versions for the very vain. Shame the vain! Rise up! Dig the hole and plant the stake! Bring firewood! :019:

Its all in the lighting, explained my Director friend. (He always looks young and handsome in photos) Vain: guilty (But not enough to go to the gym) I would go for one retake and pay big bucks if I could smile in it. :unsure:

I really do not believe the rumor. Goodness knows, it is not uncommon to hear something completely incorrect from officials here, or anywhere for that matter. I guess time will tell.

There are no plans in SMA or anywhere else I would guess to have annual photos; this is purely myth.

Check with our most trusted and experienced facilitator Silvia Cadena who has spoken with San Miguel INM and reported to 8000 listeros on San Miguel Civil List. . New photo is not an annual event but merely a re-think by INM that a white matted background is preferable to the ones we now have - applicable next year. Stay tuned.

P.S. Isn't your "guess" and "purely myth" an oxymoron?

I would understand a new picture every 5 years as we don't keep the same face for ever. :( But every year??? I doubt it. They would be the first to require such a thing. Even passport all over the world don't require a change of photo every year.

Another way of making money, maybe???

Que será será.

Nah...she said next year, not every year as I initially interpreted. Just one more vanity shot it seems.

Nah...she said next year, not every year as I initially interpreted. Just one more vanity shot it seems.

Awesome! Gives me hope and time to save up for botox. Even if I don't need to take a reshot.... I really want to. The immigration guys in Canada were looking at it and, very kindly, said it did not look like me. (Thank God) I look like I should have a babushka on my head and that I have been drinking too much vodka. In bad lighting, the Slavic 25% of me is prominent! .... not in a good way.

Be careful when persons suggest notarized copies are okay. Unless you get this confirmed by a senior INM official, carry the original. I do and keep a copy at home, in the event the original is lost. Additionally, I keep a scanned copy on my computer as well.

Archived