Chapala.com Webboard

Any Annual Reporting with Residente Permanente?

Hello Everyone!

Recently received my Residente Permanente card (thank you Spencer!) and I'm wondering if any of you know if we will have to do some kind of annual reporting with INM? I know that we no longer have to re-apply for the card each year but heard mentioned that some kind of annual reporting may be required?

Can anyone confirm if this is true or otherwise? Thanks for your input.

Please do not suggest that! As it stands, you only have to report change of residence or marital status, or if you move to another country to live. The did not say that you had to inform them in the event that you die.

Thank you to all the wise and even funny (RVGRINGO) Sages of the web-board for clarifying this! What a relief!

I was told by San Miguel INM that each year a new photo must be submitted.

The person who told me this is INM employee who actually handed me my PR card. Perhaps it's different elsewhere.

Not so.

The person who told me this is INM employee who actually handed me my PR card. Perhaps it's different elsewhere.

Even people who work for INM can give out incorrect information.

It says that you should have it with you and show it to any INM official who asks for it. We carry ours and keep a copy at home. Having your INM documentation with you has always been a requirement. It has not changed.

I'm glad you challenged this because I double checked and yes, there is reason behind the madness. You will probably hear of it later. "Also this year requirements are matt paper and white background, so yes, need new ones."

Even people who work for INM can give out incorrect information.

I'm glad you challenged this because I double checked and yes, there is reason behind the madness. You will probably hear of it later. "Also this year requirements are matt paper and white background, so yes, need new ones."

I wonder how they would communicate this to the tens of thousands of permit holders? I guess we will get notices in the mail. How else would they do it? Newspapers and TV ads?

INM agents are just as often wrong about the new laws and rules as those who believe the latest rumors.

Remember the level of education, if any, that you may encounter with any official. If in doubt, read the law yourself, then try to make sense of the rules. It is not easy and may never seem logical at all.

I wonder how they would communicate this to the tens of thousands of permit holders? I guess we will get notices in the mail. How else would they do it? Newspapers and TV ads?

Probably by mail, but like so many other 'new' laws and procedures here in Mexico, it will likely take time to educate the various INM offices also. Perhaps the following year they'll choose to issue pink backgrounds for girls and blue for boys. <wink>

RVGRINGO, I am glad I do not have to inform them if I die--that would be difficult, but I would love to show up in ghost form at the INM office and point a skeletal finger and say, " I am reporting my death." Probably the only way to get their full attention;)

So, how much does it cost to get a replacement card if lost? Thanks.

Exactly same as a renewal... expensive!!. In SMA you have to meet with one of the senior staff and also submit a letter. The meeting is about an hour long and a translator is usually needed or a good knowledge of Spanish. At some INM offices you need to supply a darn police report.... geesh!!

"Article 162. The foreign person may apply to the Institute Document replacementof a Visa Card of their

migratory status which credits their stay, in case of theft, loss, damage or partial or

total destruction, according to the following:

I. You must submit a request for processing, passport or identity and travel document that is

valid under international law and proof of payment of duties corresponding to

accordance with Federal Law.

If the document is lost or stolen overseas migration occurred shall,

addition to the above, a copy of the visa;

II. Must appear personally before the immigration authorities in case the theft, loss

immigration document or mutilation occurred in the country. the appearance

must settle on record keeping;

III. The immigration authority after verification of compliance with applicable requirements and

migration checklists, issue the corresponding resolution, and

IV. In case of positive decision, the immigration authority shall issue the corresponding document.

Otherwise, it shall issue a resolution duly founded and motivated, giving a period

no more than thirty days nor less than fifteen calendar days to the foreign person

to leave the country."

"Artículo 162. La persona extranjera podrá solicitar ante el Instituto la reposición del documento

migratorio que acredita su condición de estancia, en caso de robo, extravío, deterioro parcial o

destrucción total, de acuerdo con lo siguiente:

I. Deberá presentar solicitud de trámite, pasaporte o documento de identidad y viaje que sea

válido conforme al derecho internacional y comprobante del pago de derechos que corresponda de

conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos.

Si el robo o extravío del documento migratorio ocurrió en el extranjero deberá presentar,

adicionalmente a lo señalado, copia de la visa;

II. Deberá comparecer personalmente ante la autoridad migratoria en caso de que el robo, extravío

o mutilación del documento migratorio haya ocurrido en el territorio nacional. La comparecencia

deberá asentarse en acta de hechos;

III. La autoridad migratoria, previa verificación del cumplimiento de los requisitos aplicables y de las

listas de control migratorio, emitirá la resolución que corresponda, y

IV. En caso de resolución positiva, la autoridad migratoria expedirá el documento correspondiente.

En caso contrario, se deberá emitir resolución debidamente fundada y motivada, otorgando un plazo

no mayor a treinta días ni menor a quince días naturales para que la persona extranjera abandone el

territorio nacional."

All quotas [fees] are mentioned in all the articles when a INM Visa is given in the New Law of Migration example: "d) Proof of payment of fees as appropriate in accordance with Federal Law of Rights and ...

"d] Comprobante del pago de derechos que corresponda de conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos, y ... "

Archived