Chapala.com Webboard

INM and Aduana are Communicating

Ajijic

We just met an acquaintance here in San Miguel as he is trying to get his car deposit back. In late April he obtained his Permanent Resident visa. Exactly a week later, Aduana knocked on his door in San Miguel and told him his car was illegal. This is 100% true. Shortly after he got a Safe Return letter and went to border to nationalize.

My guess is that he sent in a notification and when they were checking on that they saw his status, when a notification is sent to Aduana, they send a request to INM who then reports back the persons immigration document history.

Not a bad idea and would preserve their right to do an amparo as doing nothing loses the deposit, soon when I have time I may have people continue to notify if permanente so as to have written negative resolutions to do an amparo.

Against the application of a void in the law against people where no new regulations have been issued, also another reason we told people to do it was to have something with their name and 2013 on it so if they were stopped they might be able to get out of it.

This person lives in SMA. Early April applied for PR at renewal time. April 10 he went to QRO to get a car permit extension which he got. Late April his PR visa arrived. A week later knock on door. He then got a Resturno Seguro late May after coming out of hospital. He went to border to nationalize about June 1 and could not get a refund. So he asked my wife to make some calls and of course as we know, no refund.

How long after receiving Permenante do you have to remove your car from MX and how long is a Resturno Seguro good for to remove the car?

As far as I know you have no time to drive it but if parked no problem. The "safe return" is good for 5 days. Some people have reported that a couple of Federal Police in Puerto Vallarta are hassling people but I have not read about this anywhere else where this is happening, so far.

One poster said he had a 5 days "safe return" and was at a checkpoint going toward Puerto Vallarta when he showed it to a Federal Police officer and the cop said you should be going toward the border with that, but didn´t do anything.

Safe return is 5 days

If you want your deposit back your car needs to be at the border before you become a Permanent Resident is what Aduana told my wife two days ago. I take if from that, also your car should be nationalized or out of the country before becoming a Permanent Resident.

We were fingerprinted July 9th and our cards were picked up on July 18th and delivered to Chapala on the 19th. So, 9 or 10 days after fingerprinting in Guadalajara..

Archived