Chapala.com Webboard

The Bridge

ComputerGuy

Anyone watching The Bridge, a new TV series with Demián Bichir, about a cop from Juarez and a cop from El Paso? Lots of cross-border camera work. In the opener, when the U.S. cop insists that a dead body is "hers" as an American, the Juarez character says "That's okay. I don't need any bodies. I just got nine heads in the parking lot outside the church at home."

Demian played the Mexican mayor/druglord on Weeds, and gained world-wide attention with a movie called A Better Life, about an immigrant gardener in California trying to make a better life for his 14-year old son. He beat out Leo diCaprio for an Oscar nod last year for that film. His parents and brothers are all actors.

Cookie...that's the understatement of the the year!

We have also started watching "The Bridge" and really like it...of course, I downloaded it from Pirate Bay so we could watch it at 5:30 p.m.

I watched it last night and will definitely watch it again next week. It was the first episode of the first season on my cable provider. I was not taken with the girl who plays the Texas policewoman, but Bichir was another story. He was great. And the story--well, I won't be a spoiler, but yowzer!

Sounds interesting. Does anybody know if it premiered last night on our local Cable provider, Telecable? I think they include FX in the channel line-up.

Check on Telecable for repeats. FX on our cable provider is running it twice every Monday night and again on Wednesdays during the afternoon.

Or you can download all the episodes and watch:

http://thepiratebay.sx/search/the%20bridge/0/99/205

Actually, that's a different show. I guess there are no copyrights in "names of TV shows". (Although Justin Timberlake was threatened with a lawsuit by the Take Back The Night group for using that phrase ina song title; what's the matter with people?)

That "Bridge" is a Canadian/U.S. production about a bridge between two cities in Toronto, and a Toronto police union boss.

Yes, good! In the very first episode she semi-disclosed a few things about her past.

Don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but don't want to be a spoiler, either. It's more than her past. Hint: Boston Legal.

Actually, that's a different show. I guess there are no copyrights in "names of TV shows". (Although Justin Timberlake was threatened with a lawsuit by the Take Back The Night group for using that phrase ina song title; what's the matter with people?)

That "Bridge" is a Canadian/U.S. production about a bridge between two cities in Toronto, and a Toronto police union boss.

Why do they look like the same actors who were in the FX The Bridge version last night and several of the characters speak Spanish?

The torrent link you gave lists all episodes of The Bridge, Canadian version, which can be downloaded, but only episode 1.0.1 of this new show. I think perhaps you saw the list of downloads and assumed it was the same program.

The Canadian version starred Aaron Douglas, last seen as a cop in Netflix's Hemlock Grove.

This link: http://194.71.107.80/search/the%20bridge.us.s01e01/0/99/0

shows you the versions available. There is only one version in Spanish, and it has Subtitulado in the title. You must have a Torrent client installed and know how to use torrents. ThePirateBay is a torrent website.

The torrent link you gave lists all episodes of The Bridge, Canadian version, which can be downloaded, but only episode 1.0.1 of this new show. I think perhaps you saw the list of downloads and assumed it was the same program.

The Canadian version starred Aaron Douglas, last seen as a cop in Netflix's Hemlock Grove.

Funny all the episodes, and I think it goes up to 12, all state that Aaron Douglas is of the actors. Maybe he was in two different series named "The Bridge."

All can be downloaded and all are in English. Some might have Spanish subtitles and if you don't want subtitles, download another link.

http://thepiratebay.sx/search/the%20bridge/0/99/205

If someone doesn't have a torrent downloader, they are free and easy to get. Google "free torrent downloader."

Yes, Douglas is in the Canadian series. Demian Bichir is the star of the U.S. series. In fact, in the Torrent links, you'll see "U.S." in the title of the new series. The only other series I know of with the same title is the Danish/Swedish original, noted by Conoe.

The Canadian version of The Bridge was more than boring...it was awful. We didn't watch any more than four episodes.

This U.S. version, also named The Bridge but with a totally different plot, has captured us in the first episode that just aired.

Archived