Chapala.com Webboard

Brunch at Mel's Diner

twelveoaks

This morning my wife and I had a spur of the moment urge to go to Sunday brunch. However, we could not find any information on which restaurants serve brunch. So we posted that question on Chapala.com and very quickly received numerous suggestions.

We culled the list down to a few and then began calling for info. Mel's was the one that interested us the most when we called as the owner/host had a great sense of humor and the discription of his brunch was the most compelling.

Three of us arrived there at 11:00AM and started the brunch with coffee and a really great bloody ceasar. After that we began to enjoy the food. The offering was very broad and the quality was excellent. The omelette bar was very good and the omelette , itself was outstanding. We finished up at the dessert table which had about a dozen various cakes, flan, etc. and what we chose was very good.

The total bill for the three of us including a bloody ceasar each was 420 pesos plus tip. This was one of the rare times when our expectations were exceeded and we would go back.

We, too, have had good meals there. Glad you went and enjoyed it! I think the food is tasty and the friendly staff is quite nice.

Valerie :)

Archived