Chapala.com Webboard

Household cleaner and helper needed, one day a week

I will be wanting to hire a housekeeper for one day a week, 9 to 5 with a half hour for lunch. Pay is $40 pesos per hour. We are located in Ajijic central southeast area. Wednesday would be best. Some English is required. The duties would involve the general housecleaning and rotating heavier cleaning plus the supervision of the laundry and ironing woman who speaks only Spanish. We'd prefer a seasoned worker who is capable of setting up their schedule of work projects and getting it done in the time allotted. There is food prep, party and entertaining work available periodically.

There would likely be some extra work if desired for a second house nearby. This would be light cleaning and is easily done in evenings or weekends. The owners visit periodically throughout the year.

We do not return from summer travel until mid-August. We have not had anyone for several years. I am weary of doing it with my husband and he needs someone who speaks some English. We could arrange with our house sitters if they are agreeable to some trial dates on these next couple of weeks.
Thanks

Thanks for all the referrals.

There are two primary issues in that some household English is required and the work is for one full 8 hour day.

The other jobs available are casual and can be done by arrangement day or night. There is about 56 hours of work per month available so $40 pesos per hour is an adequate wage.

Archived