Chapala.com Webboard

Border Patrol releases those Mexicans that smuggle less than 150 lbs.

Hud

Seems the US government doesn't want to spend money prosecuting people who smuggle in less than 150 or so pounds of drugs, so they just release them to try again and maybe not get caught the next time. http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2013/07/texas-smugglers-with-less-than-150lbs.html

Wish they'd just legalize, regulate and tax it...

Valerie :)

Then at what job would those narcos work to replace all their lost profits? Much more kidnappings, extortions, etc.? Just a thought before legalization, don't you think?

Then at what job would those narcos work to replace all their lost profits? Much more kidnappings, extortions, etc.? Just a thought before legalization, don't you think?

You're suggesting they have a tiger by the tail? Perhaps. So did the US in respect to slavery, but eventually they did what needed to be done and also dealt with the consequences and reconstruction afterwards.

Mexico does not have the desire or the will.

You're suggesting they have a tiger by the tail? Perhaps.

Mexico does not have the desire or the will.

That's how I see it, too.

First, I agree with Val. Second, Mexico can do little as long as the US and Canada have these extreme tatses for the products. The flow will continue. Violent crime will continue. The US will continue to pour money down the rat hole that is the drug war. Most of the ex presidents of Latin American countries support the idea of legalizing, at the least, marijuana. I agree with them, as well.

First, I agree with Val. Most of the ex presidents of Latin American countries support the idea of legalizing, at the least, marijuana. I agree with them, as well.

And, none of the above give any plan on how to deal with those in the cartels that will have lost income. I think THAT comes BEFORE legalization, or all hell could break loose. What is YOUR plan to deal with that, that these governments will accept? Got one?

And, none of the above give any plan on how to deal with those in the cartels that will have lost income. I think THAT comes BEFORE legalization, or all hell could break loose. What is YOUR plan to deal with that, that these governments will accept? Got one?

History says you're wrong. For example, the repeal of alcohol prohibition did not lead to all hell breaking loose in America. In fact, violent crime subsided when the syndicates stopped fighting over territory.

I don't think he is concerned about history, as we live in a completely new age, so completely different and ruthless from prohibition times. I think he is worried about increased kidnappings and extortion.

What did these Cartel guys do before drugs became so popular? I don't know what they may choose to do but legalizing, regulating and taxing drugs (and in my opinion, prostitution as well) would be a huge step in the right direction.

These guys are only doing what any Capitalist might....They see the demand NOB for these drugs and they are going to supply them. If the drugs were transported legally and in a regulated manner, some of this violence would end.

As for what they may resort to next is impossible to say.

Just my opinion....

Valerie :)

NO WAY would a U.S. citizen get released if caught carrying 150 lbs of anything, illegal. There is a double standard. I have family

who live in a Texas town right on the border. I am told that the border patrol agents there, try to avoid catching illegal aliens as

much as they can these days, orders from above supposedly, seems like someone wants to build up the numbers of illegals in

the U.S. as much as possible? There at the border, illegals are also released afetr having stolen a car, done a burglary etc. Only

citizens of the U.S. are prosecuted in most cases, Im told.

NO WAY would a U.S. citizen get released if caught carrying 150 lbs of anything, illegal. There is a double standard. I have family

who live in a Texas town right on the border. I am told that the border patrol agents there, try to avoid catching illegal aliens as

much as they can these days, orders from above supposedly, seems like someone wants to build up the numbers of illegals in

the U.S. as much as possible? There at the border, illegals are also released afetr having stolen a car, done a burglary etc. Only

citizens of the U.S. are prosecuted in most cases, Im told.

"I am told . . . . ." etc. . As a former high school teacher, I always told students it's best to avoid the passive voice in clear, articulate writing. I guess it's good practice on Webboards as well. :rolleyes:

Archived