Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw Direct Service

I really wish the people who offer practice this illegal activity would be more discreet. You put the rest of us at risk. Shaw DOES NOT ALLOW you to put other people on your account. It's innapropriate to draw attention to yourself and others here that do it. If you are caught you will lose all of your equipment, possibly worse.

It's theft of intellectual property and violates the terms of service agreement between the subscriber and Shaw. The bigger problem occurs when Shaw gets wind of one of these stacked accounts they start investigating other accounts here which results in needless hassle for the rest of us who are playing by the rules.

Theft is theft whether you have an excuse or not; shutting down the few thousand accounts here at Lakeside isn't going to bankrupt Shaw. Many of us Canadians will be very unhappy if the service gets terminated because of the account stacking; so please stop discussing it in the open domain.

Shaw cannot collect from another subscriber unless they are Canadian. So ethics aside I don't see how Shaw loses any money. I would be happy to subscribe to Shaw but they would not let me so I am one of those people who tag on with another subscriber.

You do not need to be Canadian. You need a Canadian ADDRESS. It's not difficult. Contact any of the local satellite TV service companies and they can accomodate you.

If you need a referral to get a Shaw account, you can email me. I brought the equipment with me when I moved here, had it installed by a local company and am getting Shaw. My credit card is charged every month by the Canadian company that set up my account and sold me the legit equipment I brought down. I have no comment on those "stacking".

You can pay with a US credit card, I know several who have for years, especially if the address associated with that US credit card is close to the satellite receiver and dish (summer cottage, for example) in Canada.

Our cottage on Vancouver Island is quite close to those of us in Hongcouver, (used to be called Vancouver) and Seattle

Archived