Chapala.com Webboard

Rave protest

Just got this in an email:

NOSOTROS DE LA RIBERA DE CHAPALA EXIGE RESPETO

TE INVITAMOS A PROTESTAR POR EL ENSORDECEDOR, RUIDOSO Y ALARMANTE EVENTO PROVOCADO EL SABADO 29 DE JUNIO EN EL CAMPO DE TECOLUTA

ES UN INSULTO A TODOS QUE VIVEN IN LA RIBERA DE CHAPALA

NO PODEMOS PERMITAIR QUE ESTO SUCEDA OTRA VEZ

LLEVA TU PANCARTA

LUNES 8 DE JULIO 11 A.M.

FRENTE A PRESIDENCIA CHAPALA

THE CITIZENS OF CHAPALA DEMAND RESPECT

WE INVITE YOU TO PROTEST THE DEAFENING, LOUD AND ALARMING EVENT (RAVE)

THAT TOOK PLACE SATURDAY 29 AND SUNDAY 30 OF JUNE

IN THE SOCER FIELD TECOLUTA (AT FAR WEST END OF AJIJIC MALECON)
IT WAS AN INSULT TO THE RIBERA OF CHAPALA
WE CANNOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN
TAKE YOUR SIGN

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have been good if this email had been signed. But from wherever it came, people who object to the last rave and a possible one soon should show up and make their feelings known. This is no small matter and should not be just shrugged off as a few people "just having a good time." It's hurtful to this community in many ways, as many have pointed out on a previous thread.

Lexy

I don't know why the need to publish the name of the sender of the email - I got it too - I also respect their privacy - and I would not publish their name on this board without their specific approval - which I don't have.

Lets just say it was sent out in spanish and english to expats and members of the mexican community.

I don't know why the need to publish the name of the sender of the email - I got it too - I also respect their privacy - and I would not publish their name on this board without their specific approval - which I don't have.

Lets just say it was sent out in spanish and english to expats and members of the mexican community.

MM, mi amiga--I encourage people to go to this meeing no matter the source of the email. But I still feel it would have been better had the sender(s) given their names or the group's name. (It's not a matter of respecting their privacy when they're sending out an unsolicited announcement.)

See ya there. . . .

Lexy

If it is construed as expats participating in a political action, there could be a deportation van around the corner.

Writing a letter asking questions about such events, is one thing. Protesting is quite another and contrary to Mexican law for expats. Please be careful.

Has nothing to do with politics. Look at all the protests over the crime wave last year. Was anyone deported? No.

Politics is advocating candidates or parties. It is not demonstrating against crime or government errors like this one.

Don't be intimidated, folks.

Hector was advised by one of the Mexican organizers. There will be boomimg electrico music and protest signs. He invites all to come and support him and others.

Has nothing to do with politics. Look at all the protests over the crime wave last year. Was anyone deported? No.

Politics is advocating candidates or parties. It is not demonstrating against crime or government errors like this one.

Don't be intimidated, folks.

When you plan to do it to a Mexican political figure, you can't bet your house it's POLITICAL and against the law for expats to be involved.

Just would like to know if this was and is originated by Mexican Citizens that live in the affected area, or by foreigners that are not citizens and have no vote.. Makes a difference, in my opinion, as to how it would be received.

The Mexican Constitution guarantees certain rights. Attempting to intimidate residents from exercising these rights is more of a deportable offense than protesting. My source is a mexican attorney what is yours?

Do you honestly think that a PRI governor would act against people protesting a PAN Presidente???

The Mexican Constitution guarantees certain rights. Attempting to intimidate residents from exercising these rights is more of a deportable offense than protesting. My source is a mexican attorney what is yours?

Do you honestly think that a PRI governor would act against people protesting a PAN Presidente???

Is the word "residents" or "citizens" ? And, is there fear of retaliation in not putting names of organizers up front?

All the information is in the Guadalajara reporter .

Big article there, with the clear implication that it won't be happening at the end of the month, to wit:

"Finally cornered for answers late Wednesday night, Chapala Mayor Joaquin Huerta assumed a contrite buck-stops-here posture, taking personal responsibility for what he labeled 'an unfortunate event that got out of control'. Offering humble apologies to the community, he pledged he would not allow future events of its kind to take place in the municipality".

Why a protest now, after El Presidente has admitted fault and promised there will be no more raves anywhere in the Chapala municipality?

Culturally, it's nearly impossible to get a Mexican politician to admit a mistake. Holding a protest against him after he has apologized and corrected his policies seems like rubbing salt into the wound.

He's gotten the message. Why belabor the point?

Just would like to know if this was and is originated by Mexican Citizens that live in the affected area, or by foreigners that are not citizens and have no vote.. Makes a difference, in my opinion, as to how it would be received.

Agree,

I am always a little leery of those who protest issues and want other people to get aboard but do not identify themselves. Also question what is considered political here, I don't know and not sure anyone else really does either.

The only expats I've ever noted being deported where the one's on the FBI's most wanted list. You expats here lakeside are the only ones that I've ever read that love to throw and scare with the deportation car. Well, I'm a permanent resident and so are a lot of others, including folks who have migrated, now Mexican, and have a right to speak out. No one will be checking migration cards at the "door." Come on, Mexicans stand out with signs yelling and block the highway when they don't get water service or transportation fees go up, I'm sure they weren't writing down names and doing a back ground check before the media was contacted. The political warning is for physical safety of a visiting expat. Not much you can do but run if a political crowd breaks out in violence. It's happened in downtown Guadalajara etc.

Hector was advised by one of the Mexican organizers. There will be boomimg electrico music and protest signs. He invites all to come and support him and others.

When was this said? If the GR cornered el presidente to say what they wanted to hear, doesn't mean this protest isn't still on.

Archived