Chapala.com Webboard

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we need to start a "Visa survivors" group. Sailor will be the president!

:)

Seven months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was about ready to give up. Started the process in January and needed the visa badly as we sold our house and they were holding the capitol gains tax. Hope I never have to go thru this anxiety again!!

That's right. We're just spending a bunch of money that we're bringing into the country free and clear and not displacing Mexicans who might want the same jobs. We're not taking Mexican jobs, we're creating them.

For sure, we aren't worth even the most minimal consideration.

I would expect to find a lot more visa folks in Mexico City than here. This really is a pretty small community.

And thanks to this, getting rapidly smaller.

Just curious: I'm not acquainted with anyone who is leaving Mexico due to visa problems. Others may be, so my question is:

How many people do you know or know of who are not just complaining, but actually leaving due to these issues?

(This is not to say I'm not frustrated by by the delays. Everyone is.)

Just curious: I'm not acquainted with anyone who is leaving Mexico due to visa problems. Others may be, so my question is:

How many people do you know or know of who are not just complaining, but actually leaving due to these issues?

(This is not to say I'm not frustrated by by the delays. Everyone is.)

My husband and I left and I know of two other couples leaving when they get there permanente to avoid the capitol gains tax. I know of several others considering it.

Why did you leave and do you know why the others are "considering" it?

Is it about crime, cars, visa hassles or family matters?

Those seem to be the reasons I've informally heard thus far.

All of the above except for family matters. Plus no health insurance for my husband. We couldn't take the chance of something serious happening. We had 7 great years there but are so happy to be back NOB. As for the others, they are just fed up with everything. They will rent in different areas each year and won't be going back to Mexico. All have visa and car problems.

Hooray!!!

We got our Residente Permanente cards today. Glad that is over with. Thanks to Spencer and staff for their help.

Congratulations RV!!

We also want to Thank Spencer, Denise and all of his employees as we got our Permanente cards today.

Fox

That's Great RV and Fox...Can I ask how long it was between fingerprinting and getting your cards? I am staying positive that I will be fingerprinted VERY soon..

Was close to 3 weeks for us.

Goodluck,

Fox

We had turned some people into Guadalajara as they would not have qualified per Chapala's guidelines. Others we turned into Chapala as it was supposed to be not too bad and you could do fingerprints locally but now we are turning all permanents into Guadalajara as they rarely get backed up more than 1 to 2 months.

Went in Friday for my fingerprints in Chapala...no go, the computer system was down! She suggested it might be up in 1-2 days (!) so I rescheduled with Spencer's office for next Weds. But the end is finally in sight, so keep thinking positively, I say.

Archived