Chapala.com Webboard

What does "do it special from the start" mean? What is entailed?

Our FM2's have a "3" on the back of each; we didn't need financials and we're had uninterrupted FM3's and FM2's since we moved to Mexico in 2004. In fact, we've never traveled out of the country since we first crossed the border. Our FM2's expired at the end of June.

I'm puzzled.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can rush some at the beginning if we know for an extra fee. They are swamped locally and lost a person, we plead the cases daily of those waiting, hoping to see something soon.

I am no longer puzzled.

We just paid what was asked, and nobody mentioned expediting.

Any idea how long this will take under "normal" circumstances.... such as ours?

Will we still be required to go to Guadalajara for fingerprinting or are they doing it in Chapala for Permanentes?

Things started to lag 2 months ago, as far as fingerprinting it should be in Chapala although if they send the files to Guadalajara then you will need to go there, we need to check each individual file.

Let's not dance around here. Are you suggesting that for those of us who properly followed all procedures, submitted properly translated financials showing many time the required financial assets, paid you (Spencer) to facilitate for us should now expect to bribe someone if we want to get our visas before we die?

If so, why haven't you called us and told us what we have to do? We're grown ups and we've lived here long enough to know how the game is played.

Clearly, what is being done here to facilitate these visas isn't working after four months. Don't you think it is time for you to assemble all of us who are in this situation and working with you and try something new? Like all of us going to GDL together?

As it stands now, I've spent hundreds of dollars for this visa, my FM3 is long expired, and nothing is happening or likely to happen in my lifetime. So now what??

Wonder why visas are such a mess in your area. Here in PV we do not have the problems you have at Lakeside. Is the hang up in Guad or in Chapala? Everyone I know here, including myself, have applied on line and have gotten our cards within 3 weeks of being fingerprinted, some within 2 weeks of fingerprinting without any hassles or long waits. Wonder what gives?

Mainecoons,

Did you not start your process in Chapala? If so, it must be resolved in Chapala. I doubt that you would get anywhere by going to Guadalajara at this point. I believe that Spencer is working on getting the stalled visas located, processed and issued. Patience is advised and you do have your Tramite form to show that you are in the country legally. If you wish to travel in Mexico, you can. If you wish to take a trip out of Mexico, for up to 60 days, you can get permission to do that.

Hang in there.

Wonder why visas are such a mess in your area. Here in PV we do not have the problems you have at Lakeside. Is the hang up in Guad or in Chapala? Everyone I know here, including myself, have applied on line and have gotten our cards within 3 weeks of being fingerprinted, some within 2 weeks of fingerprinting without any hassles or long waits. Wonder what gives?

What gives is that Jalisco INM is a disaster. People from other states don't appear to be having anything like these problems.

What gives is that Jalisco INM is a disaster. People from other states don't appear to be having anything like these problems.

I would qualify that further and say INM in Chapala is a disaster, not in Jalisco as some have had their Residente Permanente in 8 weeks with financials in Guadalajara recently and even in when starting in April.

I wouldn't qualify it further. The head office in GDL is responsible for Chapala. They have known for a long, long time that there's a problem in Chapala. Have they fixed it?

No.

Truly they seem not to care about you guys as much as others who might be working for a living and paying taxes and producing products that are also taxable and the professionals [Engineers, Drs. etc.] or teachers that are immigrants etc.

Also there are many more immigrants there compared to other INM offices, except Puerto Vallarta, SMA and Mazatlan. The Puerto Vallarta office seems to be efficiently run in comparison to yours. Still yours has the most of all I imagine.

That's right. We're just spending a bunch of money that we're bringing into the country free and clear and not displacing Mexicans who might want the same jobs. We're not taking Mexican jobs, we're creating them.

For sure, we aren't worth even the most minimal consideration.

I would expect to find a lot more visa folks in Mexico City than here. This really is a pretty small community.

And thanks to this, getting rapidly smaller.

Truly they seem not to care about you guys as much as others who might be working for a living and paying taxes and producing products that are also taxable and the professionals [Engineers, Drs. etc.] or teachers that are immigrants etc.

Also there are many more immigrants there compared to other INM offices, except Puerto Vallarta, SMA and Mazatlan. The Puerto Vallarta office seems to be efficiently run in comparison to yours. Still yours has the most of all I imagine.

Ummm...I think that honor goes to INM in Mexico City. There are foreigners of every stripe and persuasion there, and by the hundreds--lately, by the thousands. The place is always packed.

So latest rumor is that in the next 2 weeks there will be resolutions and some negative due to people not translating bank stmts or not turning them in or only turning in translations and not the stmts themselves.

Puerto Vallarta IS in Jalisco and that is why I don't understand why things don't work well over at Lakeside.

I made my first personal inquiry yesterday as I've been waiting for 16 weeks now as well. The assistant lawyer in Spencer's office, who goes to INM every day with applications also checks to see if any of their 20+ clients' paperwork that has been languishing is ready, told me there are three people working on the ones with financials as mine had. There are two women, one of whom is very picky and will reject bank statements if there is one miniscule difference between the pages in the form of the name or how the deposits are shown, etc., whereas the other woman is more lax and tends to check for the basics of what's actually required and passes them. The third person is a man who is also the director's right hand man, so he has lots of other responsibilities to take care of and he works on his stack when he has some time to get to them. It's the luck of the draw as to whose pile your application is in as they don't share them or help each other out it would appear, so some move faster and some just sit. As it turned out, mine in in the guy's stack, of course!

So I went to the INM office about noon when there are fewer people waiting. The big unhelpful guy wasn't there thankfully, but Fabiola was and two other newer employees who seemed to be helping folks in a friendly manner as well. Fabiola is wonderful, she actually greeted me by my first name before I wrote it down on the clipboard as she remembered me from previous renewals, an amazing feat, I thought. I had brought two printouts of my status online, one from May and one from yesterday. Just this week the three lines "registrado, asignado, and clasificado" had changed to two lines "registrado" and "ha sido asignado el tipo de trámite" but still with the two original processing dates of 3/22 and 4/11, no new date. She looked it up in her computer and said that it had been advanced and now only one step was remaining, to expect to be called for fingerprints very soon. She had no explanation for the change on the screen we're able to access at home, but her screen had several more entries as to action as much as I could see trying to peer around to view her computer. The man was in the back room taking clients in for review or whatever he does back there, so I waited and she then went in and verified where my file was and that it had finally "bubbled to the top." I will not have to go to Guad for fingerprinting since the file is here. She said to keep checking the website for a change in my status, nothing different so far today, and to be ready to "present myself" soon. I figure if nothing changes in a week, I'll just go back at noon and have her check for me again. I'm suspicious that what we see online is not the most current info now. I think a healthy skepticism in this process will keep one from repeated disappointments. At least I felt buoyed with more confidence yesterday that they are actually getting through those applications from March and April that had been ignored for a while as Spencer has reported.

Even though the INM website has not changed when I look myself up, Spencer's office has contacted me that I'm ready for fingerprinting. If you don't have a facilitator checking daily for you, I'd go in at least once a week around noon and check yourself. It doesn't appear that the client version of the website holds the same info as the computer in the office or even what they might tell you in person (if you're nice.)

Even though the INM website has not changed when I look myself up, Spencer's office has contacted me that I'm ready for fingerprinting. If you don't have a facilitator checking daily for you, I'd go in at least once a week around noon and check yourself. It doesn't appear that the client version of the website holds the same info as the computer in the office or even what they might tell you in person (if you're nice.)

Yeah for you. I'm so happy for you. Hope it only takes a few weeks for you to actually get your visa in your hand...

We must be in the same batch, I got the same email this morning.

Un milagro??

:)

Archived