Chapala.com Webboard

It has been 15 weeks since I applied for a permanente visa and 8 weeks ago I was informed my financials needed to be translated. I have provided everything necessary and still don't have the visa. Has anyone else experienced such a long delay?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When my application was in process a disgruntled office worker summarily rejected it along with about a dozen others, so they just sat on a desk somewhere. Spencer had to chase them down & insist that the applications be placed back into the system. Then things moved along fairly smoothly. Still cost me another 900MX for my exit and entry letter I wouldn't have needed if the application hadn't been stalled.

.......cost me another 900MX for my exit and entry letter I wouldn't have needed if the application hadn't been stalled.

This 900mx was for 3 letters, yes? I ask as I paid 300mx for my letter.

...sorry, didn't mean to highjack the thread.

We had the same problem. Applied in Jan and four weeks later were told we had to have our financials translated.
Turned that all back in and waited. Four weeks ago, my husbands card came and mine is missing. Said it was in Guad but can't find it. They have sent all the papers back to Mexico City to hopefully reissue mine. We have sold our house but they are holding the capitol gains tax until my visa comes. It has been a real nightmare!!!!

My wife applied on April 24. Still no Permanente. Like others, she had to pay for the letter of permission to leave and return without the visa. 320 pesos at INM Mexico City. This past Monday she went for fingerprints; they told her the visa would be ready in three weeks. We'll see. So far they have called her into the office a total of 9 times. Nine. *sigh*

I applied on March 24 through Spencer. I think mine is hung up in that stack that they've been ignoring because Chapala and Guad argued over who was supposed to process them. I'd read three weeks ago that they'd started working on them, but no change on the website for my number. I'll have to check with Denise next week to see what's next. I know some people have been asked to fill out a form that tries to track down the application when they've inquired on their own as to the delay at the INM office here. I know Spencer is working to get us all completed. Fortunately I was able to do the car return trip last month with no en route document checking and no exit/entry permission document as I drove out and walked back over the border to catch a return flight at Tijuana..

There are a bunch of people caught up in the system who applied in April, probably 8 from mid April and 6 from the end. Immigration lost a worker recently here in Chapala although the Guadalajara office is hiring for both offices. We bug them daily and have been told they hope to have those stalled resolved within 2 weeks. As far as the OP goes, what statuses are there when you enter your codes online? It may be helpful to see as maybe something was done wrong.

Why submit documents in English when they are going to reject them??

Our facilitator submitted several apps in English and all were accepted so he submitted ours the same. Who knows what happened. Maybe the person handling ours wanted Spanish. Can't really understand it as all it has is our names and numbers but guess they wanted pesos.

Locally there is a stack of files with financials to review and those are sitting as only one person can work on them and they are understaffed. We hear hopefully in 2 weeks, I have a hearing tomorrow and will personally ask about the lagging files.

Thanks Spencer and Julie. I'm trying to decide whether to go permanente or just renew my temporal for another 2 years. I had a break in my temporal status and will have to provide financials which makes it sound as if it will indeed take months for approvals. Guess we'll go see Denise in September and decide then.

There are ways to speed things up and get your card in 3 weeks start to finish.

We need to do it special from the start. Locally here it is luck how files are doled out and there are a chunk of them delaying and unless we earmark something for special treatment in the beginning than it is the luck of the draw. They have lots of work and are hiring but it may take weeks to clear the backlog, they seem to be delaying more on people who submitted bank statements and in general Guadalajara is faster for those people but not always. I talked to the head guy today and plead the case for many but didn´t feel he was very motivated to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Archived