Chapala.com Webboard

Rave update

I just don't see how any venue Lakeside is capable of properly hosting large numbers of "bussed in" people (who have zero plans to stay in a hotel) for 24 hours or 12 hours... etc.

Even stadiums, concert halls and such are designed for events that last a finite number of hours. These venues are also usually self contained and employ crews to clean up.

It is a given that people who are somewhere for that duration of time will need to use the restroom. However many "port a potties" just will never cut it. The unsanitary aftermath that endangers the public by potentially exposing people to bacteria (example: E. coli) should in itself be enough to prohibit this type of event.

It is a real pity to endanger the public's health and destroy the local recreational field. The only "upside" (I see) is for the few event promoters who have collected admission fees.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had to do the post-rave math. Since Sunday morning less three days ago, as of this moment on Chapala.com, there have been:

FOUR separate threads about the event

ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY ONE comments in those (mostly closed) threads

SEVEN THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED FORTY THREE views of those discussions

That's impressive.

I just don't see how any venue Lakeside is capable of properly hosting large numbers of "bussed in" people (who have zero plans to stay in a hotel) for 24 hours or 12 hours... etc.

Even stadiums, concert halls and such are designed for events that last a finite number of hours. These venues are also usually self contained and employ crews to clean up.

It is a given that people who are somewhere for that duration of time will need to use the restroom. However many "port a potties" just will never cut it. The unsanitary aftermath that endangers the public by potentially exposing people to bacteria (example: E. coli) should in itself be enough to prohibit this type of event.

It is a real pity to endanger the public's health and destroy the local recreational field. The only "upside" (I see) is for the few event promoters who have collected admission fees.

I suspect there was an upside for the person who signed the Permisos.

I was at LCS this afternoon when Chapala delegado Huerta and Ajijic Delegado Hector Espana both attended the festivities and spoke. They both got applause, but Hector got loud clapping and cheers. They both had smiles, so I suspect the situation has been discussed, and I am hoping a good outcome will ensue. I am not printing protest banners YET.

You mean Joaquin Huerta as in the presidente of Chapala spoke at LCS today? He responded to this "rave" desmadre? What did he say?

He was careful not to say much. I'm surprised people were so courteous.

I was waiting for Hector the other day. A couple came out of his office crying. Their 14 year old daughter hadn't been home in four days. He understands and cares what this means

Well, RAVE is a good word since we live near the soccer field and my husband hasn't been the same since. He went down there Sunday morning and saw people peeing all over and worse. He continued on to the delegation and complained there. They gave him Hector's card with his phone number. He said that on Sunday morning there were drunken and or drugged people sleeping all over the plaza. Lots of garbage all down Ocampo and side streets. He called Hector Ramos and complained vehemently. Later, he went down to the Rave itself and complained to the security guys who threw him out. Yesterday morning about nine am he drove to Chapala and the found the mayor of Chapala, Senor Huerta standing outside the delegation and complained again. He is so mad at the destruction that all he has done since is RAVE :)

I do no agree at all with FHBoy who wrote this after the facts of this event were clear:

I know the mods don't like when things get 'personal' but in this case, FHBoy sits on Hector's committee and I wonder if he's the right person for that job.

You don't think I am the right person!...then get away from your keyboard and join up!

Who the heck are you and why haven't you volunteered?

I will gladly quit and let you do what I do.

I don't see you turning out to help!

Hey, HarryB - better get the name and email of this guy...he seems all ready to pitch in!

I just had to do the post-rave math. Since Sunday morning less three days ago, as of this moment on Chapala.com, there have been:

FOUR separate threads about the event

ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY ONE comments in those (mostly closed) threads

SEVEN THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED FORTY THREE views of those discussions

That's impressive.

Yes it is. Now is the time to share your feelings with Hector and the Chapala government.

Starting to get personal here, lets move on.

Archived