Chapala.com Webboard

Rave update

Delegado Hector Espana and a group of citizens went to the Presidente's office yesterday to express their displeasure at the Presidente allowing a rave to be held in Ajijic. "We raised hell" he said, but, the Presidente conveniently was absent. Hector was returning later in the day to see the presidente. More info as available.

If you disagree with Ajijic being subjected to raves, you can email Chapala administration at

atencionciudadana@chapala.gob.mx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is Ajijic objecting to the Rave as much as it is the noise impacting residential areas, and the destruction of the soccer field. There is nothing that can be done about the noise - that is in the past. But there is something that should be done with the money that people took in - and that is the restoration of the soccer field.

Our Mexican neighbor and very good friend has family living over near where this event occurred. They came home to find a group of the attendees sitting and sh***** in their yard after having gone into their house, taken food out of their refrigerator and then proceeded to have a picnic. They tried to secure their home and they left after being threatened by these little savages.

Unfortunately Max, it is not in the past. What we all want to know, Harry, is when the permit for the July 27 second coming of this debacle will be cancelled.

And I look forward to all the proponents of gatherings of out of towners for the purpose of drinking, drugging, trashing and listening to music played at ear damaging levels 24 hours straight volunteering to go out and pick up all the trash and human excrement that has been scattered in all directions up and down the lake and the ruination of the soccer field as a result of this. If you think this is so wonderful, I know you'll be first in line to help the community deal with the after effects.

Won't you?

Somehow, I suspect the sign up list from here will be short and will pretty much be limited to the people who got out there and did a clean up just a couple weeks ago before our friends from GDL undid all their work. They did a great job, I was down there just a few days before this invasion of and the area was cleaner than it has been since we moved here.

And don't give us any more crap about Woodstock. That was held on a farm out in the middle of nowhere, not in town next to people's homes and on the one playing field that the local west side kids have for sports. This was no Woodstock with the exception of the drinking, drugging, crapping, and public sex.

Have some of you so taken leave of your senses that you think it is a good idea to lure kids into this kind of uncontrolled environment?

If they want to have rave, have them in a field somewhere it will not interfere with the town. The promoters can bring the port o toilet and made clean up afterwards.

A town is no place to have a rave. We have plenty of music going on at night and that is life here, but the level of the music was unbearable and so was the length of the events.

I think the major point right now is to have the July 27th event cancelled or moved out of town on a ranch somewhere away from people..

I will back up Maine as far as the area being very very clean before the rave. Many of us feel like we did it for nothing now. Hey its not

about the party as some people think. It is about the damage. We picked up every little piece of paper on the Ajijic beaches. Let be honest

for a second. Do you really think all the folks spent all that time making the beaches cleaner than ever before to have one group of people

come in and trash it? Do we really need this? Are we so hard up for money that we bring incompatible events with the community? I know lots of you are saying let the kids have fun and sure that's what it should be but you know these folks did not behave well in our community. The rumors are Guad refused a permit for this stuff. What did they know that we know now? The last question is why didn't they

have it in Chapala if El Presidente thinks it so importante?

Thanks for listening.

Luisa, your post is deleted for violation of the rules which do not allow members to conduct attacks or open debates about the moderators on this board, including me. You can PM me, other moderators or the board administrator, "Chapala" which your concerns.

Moderator 2

BTW, every moderator on this board has a separate member name under which they are free to post.

I see 3 choices for the mayor of Chapala in regard to the next scheduled rave: cancel it, move it to Christiana Park in Chapala where rock concerts have been held previously, or face a crowd of determined demonstrators blocking access to the soccer field area on the day of the schedule rave.

Xena, please see above. This thread is not a debate about the moderators. We generally do follow that rule.

Open debate about moderation on this board is not permitted. Use the PM function for concerns or complaints. The head of this board is the administrator, "chapala."

Please stay on topic, thanks.

Moderator 2

Our Mexican neighbor and very good friend has family living over near where this event occurred. They came home to find a group of the attendees sitting and sh***** in their yard after having gone into their house, taken food out of their refrigerator and then proceeded to have a picnic. They tried to secure their home and they left after being threatened by these little savages.

Unfortunately Max, it is not in the past. What we all want to know, Harry, is when the permit for the July 27 second coming of this debacle will be cancelled.

And I look forward to all the proponents of gatherings of out of towners for the purpose of drinking, drugging, trashing and listening to music played at ear damaging levels 24 hours straight volunteering to go out and pick up all the trash and human excrement that has been scattered in all directions up and down the lake and the ruination of the soccer field as a result of this. If you think this is so wonderful, I know you'll be first in line to help the community deal with the after effects.

Won't you?

Somehow, I suspect the sign up list from here will be short and will pretty much be limited to the people who got out there and did a clean up just a couple weeks ago before our friends from GDL undid all their work. They did a great job, I was down there just a few days before this invasion of and the area was cleaner than it has been since we moved here.

And don't give us any more crap about Woodstock. That was held on a farm out in the middle of nowhere, not in town next to people's homes and on the one playing field that the local west side kids have for sports. This was no Woodstock with the exception of the drinking, drugging, crapping, and public sex.

Have some of you so taken leave of your senses that you think it is a good idea to lure kids into this kind of uncontrolled environment?

I am sorry to hear about the attack on your neighbors. Having said that, I am not opposed to either the past or future rave. I live a very few blocks from the soccer field, have good hearing, and was not bothered by the music or voices. Also, I am not going to question the jusgement of the Chapala government.

1. No, this was no Woodstock - even at Woodstock, we had time when there was no music. Even though there was 100's of thousands there there was very few unruly incidents - it was a different time and different place. And certainly there were no guns - see Hector's report of an incident on Zaragoza.

2. While I'd advocate for community action, maybe not as extreme as blocking the entrance of the soccer field, I fear that Anglos are not equipped to handle such a confrontation. Which leads to the question: Can good come from bad? Is this event be the catalyst needed tp bring a commonality of purpose, even temporarily, of the entire town Mexican and Anglo?

3. I fear that at least one of our poster friends here will blow his top at the idea that this rave thing should be moved to Christina Park...but I'll have to peremptorily and courteously disagree, it seem to be a better venue, if only because of fencing and crowd control factors, and it's better isolation from the the residential areas of the town.

I guess you never saw La Ley De Herodes. :D

Nope. Looks interesting though!

Herod's Law is a 1999 Mexican comedy film produced by Bandidos Films; it's a political satire of corruption in Mexico and the long-ruling PRI party. The film won the Ariel Award for Best Picture from the Mexican Academy of Film. Wikipedia

I am sorry to hear about the attack on your neighbors. Having said that, I am not opposed to either the past or future rave. I live a very few blocks from the soccer field, have good hearing, and was not bothered by the music or voices. Also, I am not going to question the jusgement of the Chapala government.

It wasn't an attack on my neighbors. It was their family. I'm sorry you think it is OK to bring something like this to our community, let alone put kids in an environment where drugs are all over the place.

It wasn't an attack on my neighbors. It was their family. I'm sorry you think it is OK to bring something like this to our community, let alone put kids in an environment where drugs are all over the place.

Thank you for the correction. I am sorry that so many things bother you here. I am amazed because I hear the birds and the horses, and the children, and the music, yes--the music. I like it because it reminds me that I am in the middle of life. I do have a well-built and well-designed older house (maybe 75 years old) and the orientation of the master bedroom eliminates most of the village noise. I hear it on the terrace, including the rave's pulsating beat, but I do not hear it in the back or side of the house. You might want to talk with an architect about improving your home's construction.

FHBOY, why would you want to do this to Christiana Park and our neighbors in Chapala either.

If these Tapatios want to have a Rave, let them have it in their town. At least they won't have to clean up the graffiti afterwards since the place is already covered with it. :)

I suspect though, that the rumors are correct and GDL wants no part of this either. :D

Woodstock was held at a 600 acre dairy farm, not in any town, so if they want to have these sorts of condoned mayhem, let them find someone with a 100 acres to let them run amuck, but not in a city. As I've always contended, Mexico is a very adolescent culture and rarely thinks things through, here you have a gold plated example.

Thank you for the correction. I am sorry that so many things bother you here. I am amazed because I hear the birds and the horses, and the children, and the music, yes--the music. I like it because it reminds me that I am in the middle of life. I do have a well-built and well-designed older house (maybe 75 years old) and the orientation of the master bedroom eliminates most of the village noise. I hear it on the terrace, including the rave's pulsating beat, but I do not hear it in the back or side of the house. You might want to talk with an architect about improving your home's construction.

I'm not in Ajijic so I don't have a dog in this fight but I don't understand how anyone can think there is anything romantic or charming about people being bused into Ajijic to be destructive, leave trash and make noise all night, noise that bothers the residents of Ajijic.

Like MC said if they think this is such a good thing, why didn't they have it i their own neighborhood?

Is Chapala paying for the clean up or is Ajijic paying? It seems to me that Chapala must have financially benefited and should pay for all clean up and damages.

I don't think someone's builder can do very much to a house to block loud noise like that. Maybe your hearing isn't as good as MC's hearing and that is why the noise didn't bother you.

It didn't bother me either, heck I live clear across town on the east side. And when I take my hearing aids off, I can't hear incoming mortar rounds. :)

For me, this is about supporting my community and about standing up for our local west side kids whose soccer field has been trashed, and in a greater sense standing against adults that lure kids to events like this and then let them run amuck and become fodder for drug dealers and worse. I just can't imagine the mentality that would approve of kids being exposed to ear damaging music, drugs, and encouragement to act like a bunch of little savages.

What have we become as people when we confuse kids having fun with kids being exposed to such toxicity? Why should we be surprised when so many of them turn into sicarios when their parents and other supposedly responsible adults allow them to be exposed to this kind of environment?

The noise is temporary. We can clean up the mess again. The soccer field can be restored. How do you restore kids who have been basically shown that drugs are OK, that trashing a place is OK, that total disregard for the neighbors is OK?

That's where I'm coming from on this.

Archived