Chapala.com Webboard

Rave Aftermath Pictures

Both threads on this have been either pinned or closed - but there is one thing we need done. We need pictures of the aftermath so that the Presidente can see what has happened, and the Delegado and Harry Bublin can put them in the file to use in discussions.

The Delegado's Advisory Committee (chaired by Harry Bublin) has a good working relationship here, any help they can get from concerned residents in the form of images can be of great value.

We went down there this evening. didn't take a camera but we will tomorrow. A big mess of plastic bags and garbage. Not to mention the side streets of Flores Magon and Liberdad. Plus the trashing of the soccer field itself which, under the care of two workers, was looking nice and green. After seeing all the young men pissing everywhere, that probably won't be green again anytime soon.

Looks like everyday in the "big city"

Let it Go! This is Mexico ! City Hall already has made their decision, received their rewards. Tequila & Music has happened!

Chicken Fights, Bull Fights, Rodeos, Concerts, Fiestas, Table Dancing, & a few Fights ,,,,,,,,,,and a few sad songs,

Mexican Culture !!!!!!!

No. This is our barrio. We take pride ini it. That soccer field is a weekend place for our local boys. Our Mexican friends are upset too but don't complain and everyone knows why. Because the gov't local and state don't listen. This "event" is not Mexican culture and this was not Mexican music. It was not even a local event. Most of the buses were from out of state. It is a shame and we will be telling the mayor of Chapala this tomorrow morning. This is a disgrace and so say our Mexican neighbours.

Every once in a while I catch myself becoming that mean, cranky old man down the block in my childhood. You remember him. The one who who yelled at us and threatened to call the police when we played hide and seek in his backyard at dusk or happened to use his rose garden as right field in our pick-up baseball game. Yeh, that guy. Then I take a deep breath, mumble awhile to myself about "kid's these days" and move on.

I suggest you go down there and look at what they did to our kids' soccer field. And take a trash bag with you and start cleaning up the piles of trash in either direction along the lake now. These pictures were taken after they had been supposedly cleaning up for a number of hours. I visit that area weekly. Since Hector arrived, it has been kept cleaned up and the soccer field improved. Several weeks ago, a lot of volunteers supported by Hector's group cleaned up that entire area.

No more.

You can't take pictures of the 24 hours of unmitigated noise this event inflicted on the west side of Ajijic. And if this is how several of you see Mexico, you sure should think about living elsewhere because this isn't how Ajijic looks and this sure isn't how this soccer field used to look. Sparks, I sure hope this isn't typical for Melaque, is it? I wonder how your neighbors there would feel about something like this?

Sorry Duck but this has nothing to do with being a cranky old man. This was a bunch of outsiders who were let in here for political purposes and allowed to run amuck. There was so much graffiti on the bathroom building they had to repaint it on the spot. There were drugs everywhere.

Feel free to move on. We aren't going to. This was a direct affront and attack on our community by the Chapala government using a bunch of people from out of town. Bookwoman hit the nail on the head.

Actually the party included out of towners from Guad as well as local kids from around the area, a good time was to be had by all, I understand from most of the kids it was a great party, I am just bummed that i was not invited.

Dale Palfrey from the Guad reporter got there in the morning and took some pics. I am hopeful that she will do some digging and get us some answers. Thank god for Dale!!!

Anyone have photos of the Ajijic plaza and side streets on the mornings during the Fiesta San Andres?

Photos of the Ajijic beach the mornings during Semana Santa?

They look exactly the same as these photos.

Also, these were taken the day OF the event, which isn't really fair. Crews will come by in the next day or so and it'll look fine once again.

Actually the party included out of towners from Guad as well as local kids from around the area, a good time was to be had by all, I understand from most of the kids it was a great party, I am just bummed that i was not invited.

You could have gone. A well known and respected local guy and his wife actually went and had a blast. Reminded them of their youth in the 60's&70's. great pics from the concert. Yeah it was techno rock. there are still people today calling 50's rock the devils music. By the way to say the Presidente did this to you foreigners to cheese you off is laughable! You just aren't that important.

I suggest you go down there and look at what they did to our kids' soccer field. And take a trash bag with you and start cleaning up the piles of trash in either direction along the lake now. These pictures were taken after they had been supposedly cleaning up for a number of hours. I visit that area weekly. Since Hector arrived, it has been kept cleaned up and the soccer field improved. Several weeks ago, a lot of volunteers supported by Hector's group cleaned up that entire area.

No more.

You can't take pictures of the 24 hours of unmitigated noise this event inflicted on the west side of Ajijic. And if this is how several of you see Mexico, you sure should think about living elsewhere because this isn't how Ajijic looks and this sure isn't how this soccer field used to look. Sparks, I sure hope this isn't typical for Melaque, is it? I wonder how your neighbors there would feel about something like this?

Sorry Duck but this has nothing to do with being a cranky old man. This was a bunch of outsiders who were let in here for political purposes and allowed to run amuck. There was so much graffiti on the bathroom building they had to repaint it on the spot. There were drugs everywhere.

Feel free to move on. We aren't going to. This was a direct affront and attack on our community by the Chapala government using a bunch of people from out of town. Bookwoman hit the nail on the head.

What do you mean by this then-hmmmm?

No more.

Signed, indignant residents of Bethel (Woodstock), NY, August 1969. :D

Do you see the words "foreigners" anywhere in this post?

Or did you read that into it.

Try just addressing what is written, not what you read into things. Bookwoman made it quite clear her Mexican neighbors were pretty upset about this. So are mine. The delegado here, elected principally by the Mexican community of Ajijic, and our ranking official, was given no notice that this was going to happen here.

In his shoes, how would you feel about that?

Archived