Chapala.com Webboard

Loud Pounding Music all night!

pera

Were the speakers pointed in the direction of the village? If yes make them set up the speakers the other way so you irritate the lake on

the next event. For you folks who are complaining about the complaining it was so much above the normal level for noise than anything done

before. Please think about that. Also all my complaints and comments come from the Mexicans so its not just a Gringo problem as some people

have indicated. Me I put ear plugs in but than I slept next to dance floors at Burning Man during Raves. They could hear the music 40 miles

away in the desert. It sounded like a distant loud heartbeat. They can do a better job of containing the noise here and also notifying the

population. An Ad to us in the Guad reporter on Friday would have helped. I am all for parties. We live in a tourist area and our future is

this kind of stuff but we need to find a balance. It was loud very loud and I don't think the locals are use to this kind of music also. It

was a bad experiment.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gringal,

I left for DF this morning and I will not be in Ajijic in July so I hope you enjoy the music because it will be there again.

It has nothing to do with local kids having a party and I am sure the drug dealers of the neighborhood area are all for raising their income as well. So at least some local kids will benefit.

So much for the Pueblo Magico nice ambience, it is just too bad but if enough Mexicans get mad that too will change.

Hey Iron, er, whatever, guess you don't read too well. I said raves were out of fashion. You don't love me? Gee, what a compliment.

Here's a head's up: be one of the first 200 hundred yoyos at the July 27 rave to git yer free wings. Duuhh. Don't bite yer tongue when yer chokin' on the bones 'n wresting it out of yer jib.

Hey Iron, er, whatever, guess you don't read too well. I said raves were out of fashion. You don't love me? Gee, what a compliment.

Here's a head's up: be one of the first 200 hundred yoyos at the July 27 rave to git yer free wings. Duuhh. Don't bite yer tongue when yer chokin' on the bones 'n wresting it out of yer jib.

Thanks for letting me know about the next concert ,,,I’ll be there, don’t forget to Drink your metamucil, , brush your fake teeth with your Preparation H, get your walker and join me there :)

Gringal,

I left for DF this morning and I will not be in Ajijic in July so I hope you enjoy the music because it will be there again.

It has nothing to do with local kids having a party and I am sure the drug dealers of the neighborhood area are all for raising their income as well. So at least some local kids will benefit.

So much for the Pueblo Magico nice ambience, it is just too bad but if enough Mexicans get mad that too will change.

As a practical soul, I won't be enjoying the music. I'll make a point to be somewhere farther away. I still think the beach party would be better than an attempt to stop the action by whatever means.

Pueblo Magico? Don't really think that will ever happen.......but good luck to those who do.

Tell ya what, folks: If it's really too much to think about a second round on July 27th........why don't you do something practical about it, get together as a group; contact one of the travel services and organize a trip to one of the beaches..........Manzanillo is close.

If you take over one of the smaller posadas, you can have seventies music till midnight, dance on the beach, have a barbeque and enjoy yourselves. There is more than one way to skin el gato.........and I doubt very much that beetchin' and such will have have the slightest effect on stopping the coming event. Party down, NOB style instead. Get positive!

Me, I figure on living with the dang "music". Sleep in the next day. Back in SMA before we moved here, they had neighborhood parties every other week in our barrio. We went up on the mirador with a libation, listened and did a little dancing. Most of us didn't move to Mexico for peace and quiet. That's what senior citizens' developments NOB are for. I may be gettin' old, but I ain't dead yet.

You'd recommend Manzanillo in July? I don't believe we'll see you in the group making a booking!

Apparently, they bused them in from out of town. These weren't the locals.

Also, I have a report that they spread graffiti all around them.

They were city kids and young adults. You could tell because if you said hello/hola they ignored you just like the kids NOB.

To be fair I did not see any new graffiti by the plaza. Can't speak for the lakeside area.

So will someone kindly post where this July 27 event will be when you know? Will definitely want to plan to be away if the location is on the west side. More than anything, to me, it was not being informed beforehand to have been able to make alternative plans that bothered me.

No, Bournemouth, I'm not serious about Manzanillo in July, but thought a little alternate input might be good. How about heading for San Miguel or Guanajuato in July? That works. :016:

Slight drift.

We just spent four days at Melaque/Barra De Navidad about 30 miles north of Manzanillo. It wasn't bad. Yes it was hot and humid. Get up

early walk the beaches have breakfast and hang at the pool or ocean til it cools off. Very good prices, quiet, peaceful, and plenty of

water to stay cool. We had a great time. Dealing with heat is an attitude you know. The ocean there most of the time had a nice breeze.

On the other hand we could be enjoying Phoenix. Bet it's pretty quiet outside there this afternoon.

qpnnsx.jpg

It was 120 degrees on my patio yesterday. We are all watching the dash boards of our cars melt and the glued on trim fall off. If it wasn't for this awful heat, the place would be over populated. The day the electricity goes off we all will cook.

gringal, most people did move here for peace & quiet. untill several yrs ago ajijic was marketed as a traditional tranquil village. actually the noise started in 2003, then took off. (there was a double refrigerator size speaker full blast last year @ the wensday tianga). this tranquil vill marketing stuff should have been re-phrased years ago. now, i think that the ad copy has been adjusted. 70yr olds do not belong near 18 yrs olds, near frat bars, or discos. good idea to get away, good suggestion. maggiesmom: dont try to manipulate the mayor. you know very well its not about the welfare of "the chillllllldren". they are not your teenagers, stop trying to police the world. its the parents decision, not yours. this is why expats/americans are resented. know your place, & stay there, its not good for public relations. hectors idea is also wrong. the mayor is making some money, it over rides hectors customers. raves were popular thru the early middle 90s, & they are fashionable here. this is for all classes/ nationalities of teens/20somethings. they proberly could not get a permit in guad, so they came here. it is not anyones business how much they pay for a bus. "ajijic is alive" for the right price, the $$ wins, the magic continues.

Geez, I don't know why the Moderator didn't stop this thread a long time ago. Everyone sniping at each other -- promoting their own points of view, and Bennie acting like she or he knows everything about everything and lectures all of you,

It is really beyond amusing all the opinions on raves and if they are still in and then people go after Hector -- that is certainly a "thankless job" -- do any of you want to step up and take it over. I doubt it.

By the way, when I am wrong I admit it -- guess it wasn't a graduation party -- my bad....

OK I'm done with it all..

I believe I said "Mexico", Bennie, not "here", as in Ajijic, but nevermind. I'm sure when this was primarily a mecca for the retired military contingent, it may have been more like a sleepy town where the sidewalks roll up at night. Times have changed......they always do. Accept the changes, adapt or find places to which to escape when the noise and activity level is too much. Simple.

I will grant that the problem with this event is that no one was forewarned, resulting in a bunch of upset people. Well, that's over, and now we know what's going to happen on July 27th, so it's up to each of us to decide how to handle it.

good idea. asking to be alerted is a fair request. going to the mayor to say "stop" is not. it is called diplomacy. yes i thought you meant ajijic, but there ARE some very quiet places in mexico as well, its a large country. keep us posted about the future all nighters.

Update: They repainted the entire bathroom building to cover all the tags but there is still trash everywhere, not only on the field but all over the open field to the east of it and up the streets running down from Ocampo to the lake. The playing surface of the soccer field, which was carefully watered and tended during the dry weather is totally destroyed, there's nothing but dirt and packed litter now.

Hector had nothing to do with this as noted earlier. Huerta is responsible for it. I think at this point, his Mexican/expat team needs to focus on keeping this out of here in three weeks.

I took pictures and will be forwarding them to Hector and to the GDL Reporter.

Archived